2

H A R R Y

It had been three days and eight hours since I last spoke to Lana. I greeted her this morning and bought her a chocolate cupcake from her favourite coffee house, but she ignored me and walked to her new 'friends'. I had never really paid much attention to them before, they kind of blended in the crowds. But now that they were constantly with her, I always noticed them; everywhere that I looked. It was blatantly obvious one of them had a thing for her. During our history class, he would get nervous around her in group projects, constantly stuttering and staring at her. I wasn't sure how they got to be friends, but I suppose I would have known if I hadn't ditched History class that day to go out with Isabelle.

After the major rejection of the cupcake, I offered to give it to Belle but she simply responded with 'can't babe, I'm on a diet'. I couldn't comprehend why she would be on a diet when she probably weighed the same as my four year old cousin. So instead I ate the cupcake. I understood why Lana loved these so much, but it didn't the same without sharing it with her.

Fourth period finally rolled around and we all piled into the music class, taking our usual seats which we were assigned to. I stood back to glance at Lana's new outfit of choice, and allowed her in first. However, she only scoffed at me and made her way to the chairs. She groaned when she realised she had to sit next to me but nonetheless, didn't say anything. Her long legs were definitely revealed a lot more when she sat down in her denim shorts. As far as I knew, she didn't like to wear short shorts because she was self-conscious of the scar on her left leg. But i guess considering I hadn't really seen this far up her legs in years, I didn't realise that the scar had almost completely faded. Nonetheless, I found myself repeatedly glancing at her legs, which she eventually caught onto and rolled her eyes. 

I dramatically coughed loudly, in which she gave me a glance that I returned with a smile. But once again, all she did was roll her eyes at me. It seems as if that's the only action she knew.

"Finally!" Mr Gladstone cheered as he finally entered the class with his dreads dangling down his back. I did sometimes wonder if he ever washed his hair. "I've been waiting for this lesson for a while now. I just had the 8th graders; they were a terror." That sent everyone laughing as usual. Even if his jokes weren't funny, everyone would just laugh anyway. The whole school knew he was the best teacher you could have, hence why people actually fought each other to be in this class. He took a seat on the table, crossing his legs hippy style and glancing around the classroom in his own way of marking the roll.

"Okay, so as we have discussed, in eight weeks is the school's big performance. I'm going to partner you up according to who I think works best, given the time we have. " He pursed his lips, taking in all the faces of the students here today.

"Lucas and George, Britt and Kale, Tom and Neil, Shane and Faith, Lisa and Marcus, Zoey and Zoe, Harry and Amanda; and Lana and-" he paused, flicking his eyes back and forth between the two of us.

Please put me with Lana.

"Actually, Harry and Lana and then Amanda with Ashton. Great, so now choose a spot in this huge room and pick up your task from the floor. Lets get going peasants!"

Lana chose our usual spot on the floor with a beanbag and pieces of paper displayed on the floor. She picked up the task and read through it before passing it onto me. I glanced down and read through every piece of detail on the sheet.

"So, what are we writing the song about." I excitedly asked, way too enthusiastic for the occasion. She looked up from glancing at her vans, pursing her lips shut.