14

My vision was blurred as I stumbled downstairs and out the back door. I heard my mum call my name again but I wasn't going to stop. I ran through the open gate to the side of my bedroom where I spotted Harry's lifeless body lay. I kneeled down to his level, my entire body shaking.

"Harry!" I sobbed, remembering though that I shouldn't move him. "Mum!" I yelled, and she came running out in a second. I saw her freeze for a moment as she saw Harry lay on the ground before she ran towards us.

"What happened?" She panicked, bringing her head to his chest to check if his heart was beating. "Eli call the ambulance!" She shouted.

"H-he fell...no I pushed him...from my bedroom window." I cried, looking at Harry who's skin was beginning to pale in colour. "Oh gosh I killed him didn't I!"

"No honey," she looked at me. "He's still breathing."

I sighed in relief as Eli came out with the phone in hand. I saw her eyes widen too before she shoved the phone to mum.

"I have a 17 year old boy who has just fallen down 3 stories." She explained. "He's still breathing but he's unconscious."

I knew she was still talking but I had completely zoned out of the conversation as I focused on Harry. I can't believe I pushed him. If he died, I would never be able to forgive myself. Despite everything, I would lose my best friend and the only guy I was sure I had fallen in love with.

It was all pretty blurry as the ambulance arrived. The neighbours were all outside, watching in shock as they pulled Harry into the ambulance. Nothing like this ever happened in our neighbourhood, and I'm sure more people were surprised that it was Harry because everyone loved him. It was kind of hard not to.

"I'm so sorry Harry." I whispered as they attached him to a breathing mask and restrained his body down incase he woke up and moved.

My mum jumped in the ambulance with them, telling Lauren to drive us all to the hospital. Dad, Matt and Alex were still out however, and I wasn't sure if I really wanted him to come.

We picked up Anne on the way, who was extremely confused as to what had happened. I didn't know if I would have the guts to tell her.

"Lana? What has happened? Did someone get hurt?" She asked, looking around between El, Lauren and I. When El realised I wasn't going to speak, she explained herself.

"Harry came over because he wanted to talk to Lana. He climbed through that tree that goes up to Lana's bedroom, but he must've lost footing and...fell." She explained, clearly not knowing what had actually happened

"No." I spoke up. "I pushed him. I'm the one who took his hands of the sill...and watched him fall down 3 storeys. I-I though he was standing on a branch..." I felt the tears threaten to spill out, but I was tired of crying.

"Is...is h-he okay?" She asked a few seconds of silence. I shook my head no, feeling all the guilt continue to pile on me.

"He was unconscious. But we didn't want to move him incase...he broke something." I explained, watching as cars zoomed past us, almost all of them happy and laughing.

Anne didn't say anything else the rest of the ride. I knew she wanted to yell at me and tell me to never see her son again. I knew she wouldn't forgive me for being so stupid. Heck I didn't even forgive myself.