34

L A N A

It was oddly convenient that Harry's family had planned to go visit Rob's grandmother after the graduation. We had dinner at El Macho's—the fanciest restaurant in town— to celebrate the occasion. Harry's hand rest on my thigh the entire dinner and occasionally his hand would travel up a little more, making me tense from the sudden eruption of 'feels' I would get. The thought of Mum thinking, or rather knowing that Harry and I were sexually active weirded me out, but not as much as her telling me not to be too rough. I think she forgot I was still a virgin.

Harry drove us to his house after we waved goodbye to his family who left immediately after dinner. The house was dark and it only intensified the moment that we both knew would come. Clearly, however, we were both too nervous to make the first move, so we ended up sitting on the couch eating coconut ice-cream and listening to Frank Ocean.

"S'good ice-cream." I commented, digging my spoon into the almost empty tub and placing the spoon in my mouth. "Do you ever wonder how they actually make coconut oil? You know like 'cause coconuts have water. So how do you turn water into oil." I rambled, holding the tub and reading the ingredient list.

I noticed Harry oddly too quiet, so I turned around to see him in fact already staring at me, quite intensely too.

"What, do I have cream on my face?" I put the tub down to wipe my chin for any dripping ice-cream. He shook his head, laughing under his breath before bringing both his thumbs to the corners of my mouth and wiping. I expected him to pull away but his right thumb continued across my bottom lip.

I could feel my heart race increase as he moved closer, taking my cheek in the palm of his hand. "You talk way too much."

I rolled my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck as both his hands were on my cheeks. His eyes targeted my lips and I couldn't help do the same, feeling as if this was our first kiss. Again. Before I knew it, his lips had met mine and my body sent through a shock wave of electricity I hadn't quite experienced before.

Everything else moved quite slowly, yet very intricately. Slowly not in the manner that I wanted things to move quicker, but it was more passionate I suppose. It was in this moment I was thankful we hadn't gone this far those last few times. First of all, it would have been such a bad choice of timing considering our parents would have been downstairs and surely would have heard Harry and I right now. I couldn't imagine my mum or worse, Dad, walking in and seeing Harry on top of me like this. He would likely shoot him on the spot. Not that he actually owns a gun, but somehow it would appear in his hand; guaranteed.

I expected much worse considering most people I had talked to said their first time was painful and not an experience they would want to relive. But thankfully, it was certainly not the way I felt. Yes, the first few minutes were painful but it was suddenly replaced with a feeling of
something...indescribable. Despite our quick breaths, the only other thing I could hear was the sound of Harry repeating how much he loved me. As corny as it sounded, it was perfect, better than I would or could ever imagine

I looked at him as he lay sound asleep beside me, his arm wrapped around my waist as if he never wanted to let go. His lips were very much cherry red and his cheeks mimicked them with a rosy tint. Something about him now made him appear more attractive than I had ever seen. Physically, yes but I was really more referring to how attracted I was to him.

I eventually dozed off just after 1am, seeing as though I was exhausted beyond belief. It still has yet to process in my mind of what had just occurred.