28

H A R R Y

To say her silence hurt a little was the biggest understatement of the day. The vibrant radiation of pink and orange from the sunset only set a mood of romance that clearly wasn't evident in the car. I broke eye contact with her after a few minutes of awkward staring at each other. A huge part of me hoped she would have said it back, but another part also knew that she may not have the same feelings for me. Despite it being a cover up to try and protect us, I couldn't help think that maybe she didn't actually like me as much as I had thought she did. Perhaps it was so easy for the words to come out because it was true.

"We should get going before your dad worries." I mumbled, starting the ignition and pulling out of the parking space, back onto the road. I could tell she was still looking at me, but she didn't say anything more.

I parked in front of her house, turning the car off and looking ahead at the front door. I noticed my mum and Rob's shoes on the porch, making me sigh because all I wanted to do was go home and try not to think about the rejection I just received.

She opened her door and stepped out before turning to look at me.

"Are you coming?"

I nodded my head, getting out of the car and following her inside the house. Instantly, mum came and greeted her with hugs and kisses, followed by Gemma whom I still didn't understand why she was here. Mum came up to me, examining my lip and knuckles, telling me fighting was the never the answer, but proud that I stand up for the people I cared about.

She returned back into the kitchen to cook with Lana's mum and Gemma. Rob and Mr Gray had proceeded to the living room, surprisingly watching a game of golf and commentating as if it was an intense soccer game. I stood awkwardly leaning by the corridor wall with my phone in hand. I could hear Lana giggle from the kitchen, answering my question of where she had disappeared to.

I looked down at my phone where Chad had sent me multiple text messages about that girl he met at the party. She had seemed to be out of her comfort zone, hence the reason why he approached her. He seemed to be into the non generic girls, including Lana, and I would be lying if I said the idea of them together the other day didn't bother me.

I felt someone grab my hand, making me look up to see it was Lana. She looked at me for a brief moment before leading me towards the stairs. I followed her quietly, seeing as though her dad was just in the next room. She opened her bedroom door and pulled me inside before closing the door. She went over to the window, closing it and stopping the cold breeze from entering anymore. She walked towards me as I stood by the wall, her eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips. Before I could even comprehend what was going on, she pushed me against the wall and put her lips against mine. I didn't hesitate to kiss her back, crazily missing the feeling of her lips against mine again. I felt my body surge with hormones, making goosebumps form on my skin.

She squealed when I placed my hands on her bum and I could feel her smiling against my lips. Her fingers softly ran through my hair, pulling it in all sorts of directions. I moved my hands up to her hips, sliding them slightly under her shirt and resting them on her bare skin.

She pulled away, placing her hand on her sweatshirt and pulling it up swiftly, leaving her just in the bra I had seen her in this morning. She pursed her lips before I pulled her back into the kiss, my hands rubbing against her smooth back. She tugged on my shirt before pulling it up herself and throwing it to the side.

"Jump." I mumbled against her lips. She followed my instructions, jumping and wrapping her legs around my waist. We both didn't take any chances in breaking off the kiss as I walked us towards her bed, turning around and sitting on it so that she was straddling me. I could feel her chest against mine, rising and falling steadily as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I was caught off guard, when she pulled away from the kiss and pressed her forehead against mine before pulling back. She bit her lip, obviously having something to say.