17

H A R R Y

She couldn't possibly be sounding this happy at this time. No possible way. If there was one thing I knew about Lana was that family and safety were her priorities, so to put her them through this just wasn't like her.

"Oh my goodness Lana." Mrs Gray sighed in relief, holding onto her husband for support. He closed his eyes and wrapped his arm around her shoulder in comfort. "Are you alright? Who has you? What's going on baby."

"Relax mum." She laughed, but I couldn't really tell if it was fake or not, like she was trying to put an impression. "I'm fine."

"Where are you Lana? We're coming to get you."

"No mum it's fine. Some friends and I just went to a party and...I may have had a few drinks." She mumbled the last part.

Party? Drinks? This didn't sound like something she would do either. Social environment with heaps of drunk teens, I don't think so. But maybe there was more to her I didn't actually know.

"Lana Montage Gray, where are you right now." Her dad butted in, the veins on his forehead protruding from anger. There were only a handful of times I had seen him this angry, and this was definitely one of them.

"Dad...chill okay? I'm sleeping over at a friend's house cause she drunk and I can't just leave her alone." She explained with a little giggle at the end, and I couldn't help wander how much she actually had to drink.

"You come home first thing in the morning Lana, I can not believe you right now." He shook his head and hung up the phone, turning around to leave, but then quickly whipped his head around, his eyes now narrowed at me.

"This is your influence isn't it?" He sneered as if he was going to tear my head off at any second.

How could this possibly be my fault? What had I done to make her want to go to a party.

"No George, don't do this again and put the blame on him. You've known him for 15 years and know he's not like that. I think you just need to calm down, she's fine." Mrs Gray defended me, approaching her husband who sighed in agreement. It wasn't long before my mum showed up with worry etched across her forehead.

"She's fine, she was at a party." I mumbled, resting my face in my palm from stress and pain. The throbbing from my abdomen was so strong and I wondered how I could have ignored it before.

"Thank heavens,"

I barely got any sleep, despite the amount of pain killers I was pumping into my body. It was tempting to let my mum know what was going on with me, but I knew she would just overreact and end up crying somehow. Rob would be home in the next 2 hours just before breakfast so I could go with him instead.

"Lana's home by the way, if you want to go over see her later." Mum shouted as she passed my bedroom.

If she was home why didn't she call me? I had sent her atleast 20 messages and a few voicemails telling her to call me as soon as she was home.

Maybe she didn't see them.

The dressing was drenched in blood, making me have to double layer it to make sure I wouldn't bleed out everywhere like I did yesterday.

"I might just go now mum, I gotta go somewhere later." I shouted just as I managed to reach the bottom of the stairs without tripping over my weak legs.