Chapter 8

I carefully jogged to the other side of the street as she walked into the Hospital.

I don't know what I'm doing, maybe I need to mind my own business, but I'm too curious to stop now, also if I ask Miss Evans about where she went to, she would just tell me to piss off.

I'm not exactly sure what I would do once inside and if I could get past the entrance, maybe there's security. Yet I've watched too many videos on youtube about going into places you're not supposed to, so I know I should just walk right in pretending I know the place and where to go.

Once I walked into the entrance doors I found a rather quiet and clean room in comparison to the public's warzone. There was no security and the lady on the secretary was busy talking to someone in the line.

I quickly scanned the room seeing there was an elevator down the hall, Daniella was nowhere in sight, so she must have gone into the elevator and if I'm fast enough to get there, I might actually be able to see what floor she went to, considering this is a fancy hospital so of course, they must have fancy elevators that show in which floor they are.

Indeed when I got there, it showed it was on the 4th floor, I quickly went in once it opened on my floor and clicked on the 4th-floor button. Why is this being too easy? No-one stopped me until now.

Is this illegal?

The thought of this being too easy quickly vanished once the elevator doors opened showing a long corridor with sub-corridors full of doors, to my luck each of the doors had a window you could peek through but still, there were a lot of doors.

After some thinking, I decided I would look for her just in the main corridor and if she wasn't in any of the rooms in it I would give up.

By now I was halfway through the corridor discreetly looking through every little window seeing most of them had someone laid on a bed, she was in none of them. And just when my hopes started to fade I looked through the next to the last door and there she was, seated on the bed talking to someone laid on it.

It all happened very quickly, I passed by it, and the instant I looked she looked as well, our eyes locked for a millisecond, I didn't even have time to freak out because all of it happened in less than half a second.

I didn't think, I just opened the door next to the one she was, the very last door and went in closing it behind me.

"Uh, hey?" An old man says awkwardly, as he watches my sweating panicked self.

What was I even expecting to achieve when I went looking for her?

"Ah hey," I replied with the same awkwardness. "My name is Anna, would you mind some company?" I asked as I walked to the seemingly friendly old man seated by the window in a wheelchair.

"Sure, I'm Edward," he said chuckling. "Who are you running from?"

Busted.

"That's a long story," I sighed. "I'm not supposed to be in here."

"I can see that," he said amusedly. "I have a lot of ti..."

He was interrupted by someone suddenly opening the door, "Anna?" Daniella mumbled confusedly. "What are you doing in here?"

"Uh," I looked at Edward briefly.

"What do you mean by that, Miss?" He asked before I could say anything. "You're the one that just suddenly burst into my room." He completed making her raise one of her eyebrows.

"Sorry about that," she said simply closing the door rudely.

"Thank you, Edward," I sighed in relieve.

"Please, call me Ed," he smiled kindly. "Are you going to explain to me what just happened?"

"Well," I started. "I might or might not have a crush on her and might or might not have followed her here because I'm as noisy as someone can be," I said making him chuckle. "And most  importantly she migh or might definitely not be my teacher."

"Oh my," he said laughing. "You're making me remember my teenage years, when was that again? 60 years ago?" He said trailling off thoughtfully.

"Were you a stalker too?" I chuckled.

"No, no," he said immediatly laughing a bit. "I used to have, what you young people call it, a crush on one of my college professors too."

"Really? Did you end up together?"

"Ah no, we did not, she married shortly after," he sighed. "I don't think she knew about it. After that, I found someone else too, but I never really forgot about her."

"I'm really sorry about that."

"Don't be," he chuckled. "You have to be really optimistic to think something like that would actually happen, I guess it might but it's really hard, our feelings are not the only ones that count after all."

"You're right," I sighed.

"Don't let yourself down, just because it's hard doesn't mean you have to give up, don't make the same mistake I did, if you really like her just go for it, let her know, even if it doesn't lead to anything, so you don't have to look back and regret not taking action when you're an old rag."

"I know, I won't but it's easier said than done, she's... complicated," I groaned, she's a sadist, it would be twice as hard.

"I can see that," he said laughing. "Next time you're out stalking her, come visit again, maybe I can help you out a little."

"Thank you, Ed, I'll definitely come by another time," I chuckled. "Ah, there's something you can do to help me out actually."

"Go on, I'll do my best."

"Can you help me find out who's the lady staying in the room next to yours?" I asked pressing my two hands together.

"Of course, leave it to me," he said laughing at my gesture.

"A million thanks, Ed, I owe you one," I said holding his hand.

"No problem, Anna, it was really nice to meet you."

"It was really nice meeting you too," I said with honesty. "I have to go now, I have to meet a friend before she kills my phone with messages, I'll come by later."

"I'll be waiting, see you then," he said amusedly, waving his hand at me.

"See you then." I waved my hand back going out of the room.

Mental note: Never doing this again, it might have gone smoothly this time but if it wasn't for Ed it would have gone downhill pretty fast.

Once outside of the hospital I looked at my phone seeing there were a few missed calls from Soph.

I have to tell her what just happened, she's going to freak out... after she kills me of course.

Thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment, it will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also follow me on Twitter and on Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on ko-fi.com/shayzayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Wattpad for free)