Chapter 26

The weekend passed by awfully slow, maybe because I spent every minute of it just thinking about Homecoming, Miss Evans specifically. I have no idea of how I'm going to face her, every time I see her I'll remember her embrace, her perfume and the sound of her heartbeat.

That night was magical, it never crossed my mind that something like that would happen between us, we didn't even kiss and strangely I was completely fine with it, it all might have been onesided but I'd rather not think about that.

I never thought I'd be this type of person, the one to be too romantic or too lovey-dovey but here I am listening to the same song we danced to for the 50th time since then as I rode my longboard to school.

I was too excited to see her that I ended up coming too early to school, Soph wasn't here yet so I had to wait for her last-minute ass and that's when I saw Jenny, I waved at her but she averted her eyes, weird. I'm a noisy B so I came to her to know what was going on.

"Sup?"

"Hi," she said in a very monotone voice.

"What's wrong, Je?" I asked surprised by her lack of interest.

"Are you seriously asking?"

"Huh, I don't understand... Oh." Shit.

"Oh." She mimicked me.

"Uh, I'm really sorry, I know I promised to dance the last song with you but..." Fucc.

"But?" She asked annoyed.

I opened my mouth to come up with just anything at the moment but was interrupted by Soph launching an arm around my shoulders. Saved.

I obviously didn't tell Soph I danced with Miss Evans at the parking lot but I did tell her we were together that night to stop her bitching at my disappearance, instead she's making too many questions about what we talked and did exactly. I feel bad about not telling her everything, it sucks but it is for a greater good, I've read too many teacherxstudent books to know it never goes well.

"We'll talk about this later," Jenny said leaving us the second after.

"What's wrong with her?" Soph asked uninterestedly while picking on her nails.

"I promised I would dance with her but I forgot and now I can't just tell her I spent it with a teacher."

"Got it rough huh," she said with a smirk, stupid. "Jenny is a great catch," Soph said out of the blue.

"Jenny is a great catch, a great heterosexual catch." I rolled my eyes.

"She looks interested in you." She said it as if it was obvious.

"So did Alexa, she used me to experiment and then threw me away." I sighed, "I just want to stay away from confused straight girls."

"They can't use you if you use them first," Soph said chuckling.

I just rolled my eyes, this is too much convivence with a certain professional eye-roller.

We parted ways as the bell rang, first class is calculus and I'm not ready.

Not ready to face Daniella and absolutely not ready to confront Jenny.

As I came in the classroom my eyes quickly scanned it finding her seated at her desk marking some papers not acknowledging my presence, actually, she didn't acknowledge my presence the whole class time, most likely ignoring me on purpose.

I'm not surprised, I was actually expecting it.

Eventually, the bell rang and I was divided by staying and trying to talk to her or leaving for now as to not look too annoying. I decided it would be best to leave, after all, she would probably get angry at me if I tried to talk when she was obviously not into it right now.

"Anna," I heard her say as I was about to go out the door, I looked at her, she was calm which is good.

Me? Shocked.

I waited for everyone to leave and closed the door walking nervously to her desk.

"Yes, Miss?" Ok, what the hell is wrong with my voice.

"I just wanted to know if you got home safely? Also, I'm really sorry for leaving in such a rush." What?

"I..." Stop trembling. "I ended up meeting soph and we went home together. And it's alright, you don't really have to apologise." She just nodded. "I really enjoyed the night," I said trying to spike some conversation but was met by an awkward silence. "Uh-" I was going to say something else but I was cut off by her phone. I should probably take that as a cue to leave. "So... I'll see you later," I said awkwardly.

She just waved at me as she picked up her phone.

Well, at least she's not mad at me, right? It was really weird though.

The rest of the day passed by quite fast, Jenny was still ignoring me and Soph was still bombarding me with questions about last Friday.

"So..." Soph started. "She's a smoker huh?" She asked as we were running together at P.E.

"She said she didn't usually smoke," I said panting already. "I guess not usually smoking is still smoking."

"Sherlock," She giggled. "It's hot tho," She nudged my arm while wiggling her eyebrows.

"I don't really see it," I chuckled.

It's needless to say Soph bothered me with it until the very end, I was exhausted, mentally that is. I just needed to pick my stuff at the locker and I could finally go home and sleep for the rest of the day.

Or that's what I thought until I met Jenny near my locker waiting for me, and here I was thinking my day couldn't get worse.

HaShem, why me?

"Jenny," I said in a sigh but was immediately cut off.

"You never got the chance to tell me why you left." She said in an even angrier voice, impatient even.

Dammit.

"I wasn't feeling well so I went to the parking lot to get some air." Hey, I'm not lying.

"I know."

"You know?" I felt a shiver going down my spine.

"I went looking for you." She looked me dead in the eyes. "I saw you dancing with our calculus teacher."

Thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment, it will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also follow me on Twitter and on Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on ko-fi.com/shayzayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Wattpad for free)