Chapter 16

"Anna," I heard my name as I was reaching the door to leave. "I need to have a word with you." Miss Evans said in a monotone voice.

I turned around slowly fearing that if I looked into her eyes my heart would melt and make it harder to let her go. She had a plain expression, no sight of her sadistic smiles or evil looks. I walked closer to her desk wondering what it would be about. Was she going to tell me to move to another class?

"Sit," she said blankly. She was usually cold but not this cold. Once I was seated in a desk in front of hers she got up and closed the door, at this point my heart was racing faster than Lightning McQueen.

"If it's about yesterday I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to kiss you, I mean I did but I shouldn't have done it I know, I'll never do anything like that again I promise you so don't hate me please." I started rambling like a madwoman, at this point I was even getting my eyes all shiny ready to spill some tears and everything.

Miss Evans sighed pushing a chair so she could sit in front of me. "Anna, just forget about it alright?" I was about to say something back but she cut me off. "You're not paying attention to my class, I know you hate calculus but at this point, you're going to fail and I shouldn't care but I do," she said looking into my green eyes to reinforce she was being honest with her words making my heart flutter knowing she did care about me. "I don't want to spend one more year teaching you high school calculus, you're about to turn 19, that's embarrassing." Yeah, she ruined it. "The first quiz test is in 2 weeks and I'm guessing you have a 0% chance of passing."

"You're guessing it right," I said with a sigh.

And so I watched her get up and reach her desk pulling out the same calculus book she used to lecture me the other day and sat back down placing it on top of the desk.

"Listen very carefully, you won't have another chance," she said in a very serious tone. "If you pass the test I'll forget about the kiss, I know you can't do it at this point at your own so if you want you can come here in the detention hour and I'll help you study as long as you promise me you'll pay attention to every class and take this seriously."

"And if I fail?"

"I'll never talk to you again about unrelated class topics," she said in a very cold tone.

I gulped down taking in every word, "alright!" I said confidently earning a cocky smirk from her.

"Now go before the bell rings," she said pushing the big book towards me.

At this point, I forgot about how hungry I was, I had a mission and a newfound hope.

I was basically and quite literally jumping from happiness as I crossed the hallways to get to my next class, the god damn book was heavy in my backpack but it didn't stop me from feeling so much lighter right now.

"I don't get you," Soph said with a confused face chewing on gum. "Just this morning you were moping around and now you look like you won the lottery."

"I'm a box full of surprises."

"More like a box full of mental issues," she said arching one perfect brown. "Is there something I don't know?"

"Uh, maybe but I'm not telling ya," I said sticking out my tongue at her and running away before she could hit me.

Yeah... I'm 12.

In the process of running through the hallways like an idiot I bumped into someone, it would be really funny if it was miss Evans again with a cup of coffee but it was Jenny instead and I'm not mad.

"Oh, hey there," she said with one of her beautiful and perfect smiles, straight outta those toothpaste commercials. "Where are you going in such a hurry."

"I... Uh," do I really need to tell her I was running away afraid of getting hit by my best friends shoe? "I'm late for class."

"There are five minutes left," she giggled after looking at the delicate watch on her wrist, why is that even a thing, there are phones for a reason.

"Oh, my phone must be late or something," I said trying to play it cool, I'm really cringe, G-d help me.

"You're funny," she smiled again with those perfect teeth ugh, I have a fetish I'm sorry, "I'll see you around then, don't be late to class," she said going on her way.

I didn't say anything I just contemplated my idiocy, really, this is why I don't have a girlfriend.

Well, she thinks I'm funny so that's something.

After this crazy first class, the day went quite fast, I'm actually impressed and I don't know why but somehow I always end up standing in front of her door.

After staring at it for a few more minutes the bell rang, understand this, I didn't want to come out as a creep and come in too early like I was eager to see her or something, in which I was, but she didn't have to know it.

I knocked softly on the door and opened it, I haven't seen her yet but my heart was already beating like I was about to jump off an aeroplane, when my eyes finally landed on her I couldn't resist looking her up and down, she was seated on her desk reading a book. Beautiful as always, all right I know I have seen her today already, but could you really blame me? No matter how many times I look at her I always find myself impressed by her beauty.

I wonder if it was the same book she was reading before or another kinky one.

It was when I closed the door behind me that she finally acknowledged my presence.

"Just in time," she said closing the book giving me one of her famous 'I'm going to make you suffer smirks'.

Calculus... Is she really helping me or is this the way she found to get her revenge on me?

I sighed walking to a desk in front of hers accepting this tortured destiny I have been gifted to by Satan.

Pray for me.

Thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment, it will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also follow me on Twitter and on Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on ko-fi.com/shayzayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Wattpad for free)