Chapter 44

"I'm Mr Nicholls and I'll be Mrs Sulivan's substitute until the rest of the year, I hope we get all along, I hate sending people out but I'm not afraid to, remember that," he says writing his name on the blackboard.

Andersson Nicholls, that's a stupid-looking name.

"He's not as hot looking closely but I guess it's fine, the face is not the most important," Soph whispers to me as he starts calling out names.

"He looks 40, disgusting," I say rolling my eyes.

"Anna Krauss."

"Krause," I correct him.

"Krause," he repeats and goes on with the list.

"He looks dumb too."

"You just hate him because he was flirting with your platonic crush," Soph says amusedly. "And isn't miss Evans on her thirties too?"

"She's 27 and even if she was on her thirties at least she looks young, this guy is ageing as he talks."

"How do you know her age?"

"I'm good at snooping around."

"You're good at being a creep," she says amusedly.

"Girls," he says trying to sound stern but his voice was too stupid for that.

I swear the bell took ages to ring and the moment it did I practically dragged Soph out as fast as possible, I was never so excited to have P.E in my life, shit I would even choose to have two P.E periods than having to listen to this guy.

He was a try too hard, he tried way too hard to be cool but stern but really he's the type of teacher that students would talk over.

"He's not that bad but definitely not someone I would go after," Soph says as we lazily pass the ball to one another at P.E. "He lacks confidence."

"Why are we still talking about him?"

"Because you have that annoyed face going on ever since you laid eyes on him," she says kicking the ball too hard making it go to the other side of the field.

"Go get it," I say pointing to it.

"You go get it, you're closer."

"You kicked it."

"And you didn't catch it," she says amusedly.

I just groaned and went for it, it's useless to argue with Soph, it would take all day and I'd rather not have Mr Olson on my ass for slacking off.

"Hurry that snail ass!" I hear Soph screaming from the other side of the field but my attention was elsewhere.

I could see through the fence Jenny talking to Mr Nicholls at one of the school back entrances, at first glance I thought the obvious, she was telling him but the more I looked the more I realised she looked uncomfortable while he seemed to be acting flirtatiously.

This calls for some detective work.

"Oy! Anna get back here you slacker!" I hear once again Soph scream from the other side of the field making Mr Nicholls turn around but I was quick to do the same, making it seem like I wasn't watching.

"Idiot, you almost blew my cover!" I whisper harshly as I come closer to her.

"The fuck?"

"I saw Mr Nicholls, he was talking to Jenny."

"So?" She asks with a raised eyebrow.

"He was flirting with her, she seemed very uncomfortable."

"Oh, should we talk to her?"