Chapter 36

"Tell me again why I have to attend your dad's dinner?" Daniella asked as she was grading some papers.

Right now we were in the detention room, I came to make sure she would come, I would never see the end of it if she didn't go.

"Because you have to meet your father-in-law," I said smirking making Daniella roll her eyes. "Also, it would be really nice to have some company, it's always just me and my dad, sometimes Soph."

"Don't you have a family?" She asked finally looking at me over the paper she was holding.

"Not in the US," I said shrugging my shoulders.

She just sighed grabbing the papers and putting them into her folder. "Why did I agree to this? Oh yeah, I didn't, you just pushed me into it like you always do," she said ironically.

"And that's why you like me so much." I picked up my bag from the floor as she got up and started walking away.

"Why are you following me? I have to go home to change first," she said as I picked up her pace. "Also, it's a dinner, I don't have to be there right now, right?"

"I think you look fine, you don't have to be there right now but I was hoping you could give me a ride."

She didn't say anything, we just walked to the parking lot, as soon as she got into her seat she locked the car doors, one last look at me and she was gone.

Not gonna lie, that's the woman I fell in love with.

Once I got home my dad was already in the kitchen cooking mainly the dessert for tonight.

"Are you sure this will be safe to eat?" I asked as I went into the kitchen. "Don't make me look bad."

"How dare you insult my cooking like that? I've fed you since you were a little challah," he said stopping what he was doing and crossing his arms amusedly.

"Yes, unfortunately," I said immediately running away from the kitchen before he could hit me with a dishcloth.

"Starve to death then," I heard him scream as I ran up the stairs.

I love my dad, his cooking? Not so much.

After what seemed like an eternity the house was profoundly clean, all the food was ready, and actually looked pretty good, I was done showering, dressed and anxiously waiting for Daniella that was about to come anytime soon.

I almost had a heart attack when I heard a knock on the door, I ran down the stairs like fucking flash, I'm surprised I didn't fall.

"Hey, you must be Daniella," I heard my dad saying as I was halfway the stairs. bitch got there first. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Mr Krause," Daniella answered politely shaking his hand as she eyed me approaching them.

"Uh... hey," I muttered awkwardly.

"Come on in," my dad said quickly pushing her in and closing the door. "Please sit down while I get the table ready."

"You know the way," I said as my dad moved to the kitchen.

"I'm going to kill you after this," she whispered as she passed by me and went into the living room, seating in the same couch she sat the other day, mainly because Potato is laid there again, it's his spot.

"You look beautiful," I said taking her in as I sat next to her, she was wearing black fitted jeans and a loose grey button-up tucked in, and black heels as always, which makes her a lot taller than me, I'm almost 1,70cm and when she's wearing heels I swear she's almost 1,90. I've never seen her barefoot but I've seen her with jogging sneakers, even then she's about 1,80. I'm not complaining, gotta love them tall chicks.