Chapter 35

A/N: It's time for a reallyyyyy long and special chapter, thanks for sticking with me, you deserve it, enjoy.

"You've got to be kidding me," I murmured, I'm so going to fail that test.

"Just study Anna," Miss Evans said not bothering to raise her head from what she was doing.

"JuSt StUdY aNnA," I mimicked her under my breath.

"I heard that," I heard her say amusedly as I went out of the classroom.

Guess I'll have to beg for her help later on, even so, I think I won't make it, also I don't want her to think I'm just plain stupid, which I am but c'mon let's not go there.

Seriously tho who invented calculus and why are we learning it at school?

"Anna," I heard as I was walking down the corridors. "Can we talk now?" Jenny asked in a rather calm voice.

"Uh, sure." I think jumping out of a window and breaking a leg is definitely more tempting than having this conversation. I don't really want to deal with this right now but I guess I have no other choice.

I looked up as we walked outside, the sky was really cloudy and it looked like it was about to rain anytime soon, my British soul is more than happy to welcome sweet and cosy winter.

Jenny sat at one of the benches making me sit beside her. "So..." She started. "Are you going to tell me what's your relationship with Miss Evans?" She said looking me dead in the eyes.

"There's no relationship between me and Miss Evans," I said averting my eyes from her heavy glare trying my best to not stutter or sound nervous, technically we aren't really in a relationship so why am I so nervous?

"Anna, you don't have to lie to me," she looked at me with a serious expression. "I see how you two look at each other."

"Jenny, I'm not lying, Miss Evans is a teacher, she could lose her job because of it and as much as I like her I understand I have no right to ruin her life and career," I confessed with a sigh.

"So you do like her," she murmured. "I understand," she said in a much clearer tone. "You really don't have to worry about me, I have no desire whatsoever in telling anyone, although I like you a lot I'm in no position to demand you to like me back either, I truly want you to be happy and if pursuing Miss Evans makes you happy then that's alright by me. It's not like I didn't realise that earlier too." She gave me a sad smile. "But please don't use me to make her jealous again."

I sighed giving her a side hug. "I'm really sorry about that."

"You're such an idiot, how did you get her to like you?" She asked now in an amused tone making my face go bright red.

"She doesn't, I mean... You think she likes me back?"

Before Jenny could say anything I heard a well recognizable whale scream coming from the distance, of course as a fella whale I returned the scream to a clumsy running Soph, have you seen a kakapo running? Please do, that's Soph.

"Bitch I was looking for you!" Soph said panting as she reached our bench. "Sorry to interrupt the love birds but I have news, great news."

"Great news?" She just nodded. "Stop with the suspense idiot just tell us already."

"All the seniors are going on a field trip!" She said excitedly clapping her hands.

"You got me, you almost made me think maybe Mrs Olson had fallen down the stairs but that's fine too," I said sarcastically making Soph laugh scandalously. The world can't take the two of us, the immaturity is just unbearable when we unite.