Worry

"amelia, amelia wake up" the voice shouted and suddenly my awful nightmare was thankfully interrupted, my forehead and neck were burning up and i felt shivers go to my entire body, i was cold and hot, -this is one hell of a fever- i thought.

"mom...mom i need some water please" i asked her and she immediately went to the bathroom and i took the glass from her hands to sip some of it. It calmed my throat and some of the headache but still my wound was painfully tight.

"darling! you are burning! i'll call the nurse wait with your father" she said and dad appeared at my side giving me his cold hand and placing it in my forehead, he always had this power to calm me with only his big hand, like they had magic.

"ah, thank you daddy" i smiled and he just sighted and kept his caress in my hair, i could feel better by only that.

"thank God you are here Doctor Reed!" and then i listened that voice, the man that hooked me that same afternoon, but this time i couldn't feel the butterflies, only a deep pain in my side and the burning fever that was consuming all my energy.

"let me see her" he said and dad took his hand away making whimper at the loss.

"shhh, beautiful the doctor is here" he whispered and i smiled at his soft tone.

"amelia, i'm dr. Reed, please open your eyes and tell me where it hurts" he said placing his hand in the same place that dad had placed his and i felt that same relief and peaceful sensation, -his hands have magic too- i thought.

And suddenly everyone in the room laughed making me realize that i didn't only said that in my head.

"ok, you have a fever, i'm going to see the cut ok?" he said and took his hands to my side getting the tight bandage out and see the wound.

"stts, ok it's infected but we are here just in time." he said and told the nurses about some injections to give me.

In that moment i was in and out of a state of consciousness quietly listening to the people around me.

"amelia, you are going to be ok now" the voice, that sweet voice.

......................

"good morning Miss Hawk" The nurse called and i jerked waking up with my clothed and hair all wet from all the fever i had that night.

"good morning" i answered feeling the mild headache that had my ears thumping. but all in all it was a beautiful day to feel much better.

"ok, here we go, you have a lot of people that wants to see you and even some gentlemen bringing flowers, but" she was interrupted in mid-sentence by the one and only Dr.Reed.

"Those gentlemen will have to wait, my patient needs some rest from the rough night she had." That beautiful white smile and those charming blues were all i could think of, he looked handsome as ever wearing a plain white button up and khaki pants.

"will you please leave me alone with miss Hawk?" he asked and all sorts of thoughts went throw my head, this was like the scenes in my romantic Jane austin Romance novels. The dashing Mr.Darcy or maybe Mr.Rochester in Jane Eyre.

"Amelia, i need to ask you something, why didn't you tell someone you were in such pain, why wait until you were all fevered up and blanked out..." he was serious and my gaze went from his face to the door and from the door to his face in a nervous habit of mine.

"amelia." he insisted and brought his hand to my face, all i could do was close my eyes feeling his touch.

"yes?" i answered.