Ethan

"ok, i'm breathing" i said and he just laughed, making me re think my choice of words. his metallic stethoscope slowly squeezed through my back's skin. My thoughts were running into different scenarios, all were me and him were pressed against each other, i quickly averted my gaze and looked the ground, noticing his black shiny shoes, he always was impeccable, not a thing out of place. A nice watch was on his left wrist and it made him the more manly. Squeezing my eyes i prayed for the heath check up to me over, it made me extremely uncomfortable and dirty minded.

"all, good Amelia. Everything is fine you have a strong heart and clear lungs" he said and touched my scalp, were he caressed my skin and looked into my eyes, i blushed once more and wondered if he ever saw my true pale skin.

"that's good to hear" i answered and moved away, trying to put some space between us, we had moved towards his desk, were i sat and listened as he made some writhing on his computer and wrote notes on white papers, after signing it he passed me his medical notes.

"you can show this to your school in case the lost days are a problem" his voice was soft and happy, he smiled all the time this morning. When i took the notes his palm took my hand in his and stopped me.

"Did you see Dr.Dawson?" he asked with concerned eyes and plain simple expression, i noticed that he never hides his feelings, he's an open book.

"umm about that, i haven't called his office. But i promise i will" i said "it's just that i have been kind of busy this days" i added.

"yeah, with what" he asked with seriousness written all over his handsome face. i made a small gesture with my hand and smiled at him.

"nothing too important, just my birthday party" i said and he looked at me with curiosity instead of the serious facade. Letting go of my hand i took my bag and placed the notes in a safe place.

"you are going to wear that red dress?" he asked and i remembered him seeing me in my party dress.

"yeah, it's 21" i said and he nodded knowingly. Something about that made retook a step closer to him, like he just signaled me to come closer.

"you'll be legal" he said and took my cheek in his strong big hand. Hos palm alone covered the cheek and his fingers touched my hair, getting it a little caress.

"i've been legal for the past 3 years, but legal to drink i guess" i said and he laughed at what i was implying. I am fairly innocent in all departments, a virgin, barely drinking socially and never had a taste of any kind of drug. Well once, when i smoked week in high school.

"yeah, i meant an adult" he retracted his hand and once again our space became a normal doctor-patient proximity.

................

"i don't want to leave you now" "oooh" we were singing to the radio as we approached my house, with the windows open and the cold breeze on my arms and neck.

Azula turned down the volume and looked at me with a weird face. "what is it with you, you seem distant" she said and i smiled, slowly laughing at her dramatic sentence.

"ok, one i'm not distant, and two there is nothing" just a boy, or man in this case filling my mind. i wanted to say but instead shut my mouth thinking two times.

"oh, yeah there is something, i just know, now, would it have any connection to....a doctor? a really handsome, older doctor?" she said and i couldn't help myself but sigh, yeah sigh. Lately i have nothing but to occupy time in thinking about THAT doctor. Not going to classes and my afternoons without homework, my mind was really losing it.