Let's

It's been a few days since i've heard about him, he called in yesterday to tell me he was no longer required to examine me. My visits were done, And once i tried to speak about the 'friendship' he told me he had work to do and was a bit tired.

Just this morning, My parents asked me if i had any plans for lunch, and like the good daughter i am... I drove over there to spend my Sunday at home.

"Amelia dear, could you fill a glass with coke for your dad?" My mother was cutting vegetables, while i absently glazed the patio were my father was cooking steaks and my dog was playing with his new toys.

I took a short breath and went outside to chat some and give him his coke. After he smiled and thanked me, he started one of his stories about job and new friends. My dad is a handsome and charismatic guy, he always is bumping into new people and making new friends. I know my mom secretly gets a bit jealous at this, because there are always bad intentioned women that take interest in him.

My mom on the other hand, is much more introvert, she likes to read and gardening, she seems to enjoy her alone times, and dad is always bringing her out of her shell, even after all this years.

My focus on the conversation was none, and it didn't go unnoticed, Mom asked me a good fair of times if i was feeling ok. And dad tried to break some goofy jokes to lighten up my mood, but my smile didn't go past from a polite one.

i miss him. That's the truth.

........

After doing the dishes and drink some coffee, i went out for a walk. As i was trying to get 'Oliver' my rhodesian, his collar and leash, My phone went off, and Alexa's name appeared on the screen.

"hello?"

"Amelia, were are you?" she said sounding a bit too happy.

"i'm walking my dog why?"

"Oliver! i want to see him. Come over to Connelly's Starbucks now, and now means right Now" she said hunting up on me as i confusedly walked the 3 apples.

Once there i saw her on the outside tables and not alone too. There was Ethan once again, and my sight came naturally, Oliver went over them and she petted him like always.

"good boy!" she exclaimed as he gave her his big paw.

"hello Ethan" i said as i crunched to get over him and greet him properly. He made a signal that he was standing up and once he did. He hugged me, making me feel awkward.

I just got a chair and took Oliver's leash, Alexa went to buy me some coffee and that leaved us alone.

"it's nice seeing you again" he said smiling and sipping on his cup.

"yes. it is" i said not knowing what to say.

Our conversation went on like that, what have i been doing these days, and my assignments that he remembered i would be super occupied on.

Overall, he was a sweet and easy going guy, but we didn't click, not like with Alex anyway. And that's when i remembered him once again. Something i've doing a lot lately. He appears everywhere i swear.

"Amelia, i would like to take you out sometime, i know i should take the hint that you are not interested but... just a dinner and i will not bother you anymore" he said, and i took in his features once more, he was handsome, funny and a good guy. So why not?. Because of Dr.Reed? ok, i won't take it further.

"ok. one dinner" i said smiling this time. That seemed to trigger something in him and thanked me.

"i'll behave i promise"