Silence.

"why?" i quietly murmured once my thoughts collected in my head, he rejected me, and now i was at his house being in his arms in a sweet hug.

"I...got afraid, if i say the truth." he said, and moved us so we could sit on the couch facing the city. He had a breathtaking view from here and i admired it for a second.

"Amelia, i'm sorry. I was a coward, but the Age ...it got the best of me, and in that moment it seemed like the wisest decision...getting distance between us" He finished with a huge breath and took my face for me to look at him. And i saw his sincere expression with pleading in his blue orbs.

"i understand" i said, "but i need to take things slowly now" i wasn't sure why everything seemed to be changed. But now i wanted to really get to know him, i wasn't so sure of my 'unconditional love' for this man anymore. It doesn't exist.

"anything you want. i can do that, but you must know that... my feelings haven't changed one bit" His eyes were slightly wrinkly at the sides and his face showed years, in a well aged manner.

"i believe you" i whispered entranced by his gaze and the manly scent that he emanated. It was fresh, woodsy, and slightly citrus smell that i got high on.

"i'm glad, you can be sure that i cannot lie to you" Was it true?.

Our time alone was special, as we shared stories and jokes, all in a natural and flirty demeanor, we seemed to click instantly from the moment we laid eyes on each other and i enjoyed the secret behind our touches and glances, but after some time, i woke up from that dreamy state and called a cab.

"no, i'll take you, hang up right now" he said with a smile on his face and i declined his offer, saying that it was late and i wasn't that far off from my apartment.

While we were waiting for the cab, i took the glasses and plates to the kitchen. He followed and stopped me once i turned the water on to clean them.

"i will take care of it in the morning." And taking my hands in his he kissed my knuckles and embraced me, before inhaling my hair and kiss my forehead, Something i enjoyed while he did, feeling cared for and protected.

"i had a lovely time, call me once you get there safe" he chuckled at my face once i smiled shyly at him. Placing his phone on my palm i registered my number and called myself. Not thinking about retrieving my phone from my purse once the cab honked outside.

"Goodnight Doctor Reed"

........

"Amelia"

"yes"

"Amelia, wake up" Azula said beside my bed while i was trying to fight the sleep off my system. Glancing at the clock it read 12 pm and surprised at myself, i questioned her about her presence in my bedroom.

"Ethan is here" she whispered and i took off to the bathroom checking myself in the mirror, once i looked decent, i took a light dress and arranged a bit my hair.

Ethan was standing in the living room, looking around, in his hands was a bouquet of pink flowers, and in the other, my phone.

Yes, i forgot my phone yesterday once i leaved with Dr, Reed. Didn't even think about it when i arrived yesterday.

"Ethan, i'm so sorry, i should of called you, but i didn't have my phone on me as you could see" i tried to smile at him, and it was a semi embarrassed and semi apologize expression. He as the gentleman he was, greeted me with a kiss on my cheek and placed the flowers on my hands.