J e a l o u s y

I went to the hospital to see and surprise Alex, after all we've been together for some weeks and he's always asking me to lunch with him, but in between classes, my friends and parents i only had the afternoons and some nights for him, only if he didn't had night shifts.

"hi, i'm looking for Dr. Alex Reed?" i asked to the girl in the front table. She had a phone to her ear and some papers being firmed by a doctor, while looking for some kind of 'folio' as she called it.

I was a bit nervous, i wasn't very fond of hospitals and being here again wasn't exactly my dream break from college.

"he's at the community reunion, who are you?" she asked as the doctor beside her finished and winked at me while walking to the elevators, i blushed, not from coquetry but from embarrassment.

"i'm Amelia. hawk miss" i said softly and she called pressing some numbers.

"i have Amalia Hawk waiting for you...ok. Yeah Don't worry" She hanged and signalized to me the path for his office.

"ok thank you!" i smiled and went to the elevators, were the doctor was still waiting for it to spot in our floor.

"So, you are Amelia. Nice to meet you, i'm Robert." i shook his hand and smiled politely.

"you know Alex?"

"yeah, we went to the same university. He was my wedding best man and all" he said, as the doors opened and we both entered, taking a place in the crowded space, i couldn't believe Alex loved to work in here.

We chit-chatted a bit more, and he asked me how old i was...as usual he seemed surprised at by my 21 years.

"well, good luck Amelia. Tell Alex i said that he's a lucky bastard for me" And with that he winked at me once more, this time a more smiley and playful face on.

"ok bye!" i said as the doors closed and it came to the 6th floor. i looked at my sides and it was only white doors, white floor and white lights. I came to the huge windows and looked for the 607.

Alex opened the door while arranging his trousers and blue tie. He looked specially handsome today, with his unusual 'formal attire'.

"hey, handsome" i said as i kissed his cheek, he laughed and took me in his arms, giving me a tight hug.

"heyAmelia. My beautiful baby girl!" he kissed both my cheeks before kissing me sweetly and softly while caressing our faces, i loved this man, with all my heart, i didn't care the age difference, our different times, and places in our lives.

"i met Robert." i said and smiled up at him.

"yeah? he's one of my good friends" he said while he took us to his office chair, sitting on in and me on his lap. Snuggled up to him and placing my head on his strong shoulder, i looked at his hands while they reached my calves, and stroked them.

His grave voice was soothing and oddly lullaby like, i relaxed in his arms and slowly closed my eyes while he talked, and kissed my face.

After some minutes my stomach grumbled and he took it as the cue to leave for lunch.

I was wearing a light dress and mid heels, while he was all formal like, in a dark blue three pieces suit.

"maybe i'm underdressed? i asked and he took my hand, to leave his office.

"no, you are beautiful, stunning, and don't worry it's just a lunch, i'm wearing this because i had a board meeting" He said, as i wondered if he ever mentioned that, him being in the 'board', i mean that sounds important...

"ok"

..................

"ok, class we are going to be reading this books, and then you are writing two essays, in which you will be describing to me, the finality of the author in each piece. OH! and remember, this are individual, so if i even see the slightly sign of copy, both works will be failed." Mr Dunham said as the class was finalizing, against all odds, Andrew was a very good teacher, well spoken, good manners and compressive, something not common in college.

During all the lecture, he kept asking if everybody was understanding, and wanted the feedback constantly, he had an easy going personality, and i could see already the work his charming being was doing. Some girls, were already staring at him with heart eyes, and asking personal question every change they got.

Andrew laughed them off and kept his focus on the topic he wanted to teach. After he dismissed the class, i took all my things and rushed out of the door, but not fast enough, as i got caught in the stairs, there was people everywhere as it was change hour, and i felt a hand on my elbow retrieving me from taking the steps.

"Amelia." His voice.

"you leaved fast" he said with a smirk, i wanted to erase it with a witty response but he got me so nervous i couldn't even think about a smart answer.

"yeah, i'm in a rush, so if you give me back my arm..." i leaved it hanging there. And Andrew didn't have it, he instead started to walk with my arm firmly in his hold, without it being hurtful but slightly uncomfortable.

Once we stepped inside his room, he closed the door, and walked up to me.

"you are a smart, beautiful, intelligent young woman, so why is it you don't participate in my class or even look at me in the eyes when i'm teaching"

I didn't even think about it, i didn't knew he would notice my lack of response me in his class even, it's just that his presence was overwhelming, and i didn't even know why.

"i'm sorry Mr Dunham, it's just that this class is not part of my requirements, and i didn't think my opinion was necessary in a class full of people that is indeed studying to become writers" i said and tried not to look into his smoldering eyes, they were green and had a boyish glint.

"I expect more from you. Confidence" he said, and that did it.

"it's my personality, i'm shy, and sometimes i prefer to observe instead of jumping to the pool head first" i said with my head raised high.

"i can see, you know. From the first time i saw you i knew you were something else Miss Hawk. Too sad you are smitten with that pathetic excuse of a doctor" he said and opened the door, waiting for me to step outside.

"you have nothing that Alex could be jealous of" i said while walking past him and his arm gripped my arm firmly again.

"oh but i do Amelia. I'm very jealous."