Talks ·

//Feel free to comment and vote ;) //

Two more days at the hospital and it was over, i wanted to go back to school and reorganize my life. My parents weren't too sure, but were supportive of my decisions as always, the only person that seemed contrary to all was Dr. Alex Reed, we spend so much time together, and he insists that i should get better and keep my visits to the shrink.

The new thing is, the amount of time that he makes to visit and be with me, he's always implying that he does because he likes me and that i hold something 'new' for him.

This is the first time i feel something like this for a man, so alive and happy. I'm crushing hard, and he notices, but always is so respectful, he wants to develop a friendship, and be sure that i'm comfortable around him, for him my age is not an issue, but i can't say the same, because of my naiveness and very little experience if not at all.

Yes, i told him. We were walking towards the park once again and he touched the topic in his very professional tone that he has, i waited a few seconds and studied him for a moment, he seems anxious and nervous, the question was simple. "Are you in any relationship?", and just like that, i remembered my last boyfriend.

"i had, but that ended a while ago" i answered and smiled reassuringly, after all everything ended in good terms for both of us, we were searching for different thing in life and our relationship was slowly turning into something boring and monotonous.

"ok" his face was stoic, and his knuckles were white. Once we reached the pond, there were some ducks and kids feeding them cookies, i smiled at the memory of being that age and adoring animals, a dog was my best friend until i reached 6.

"and you?" i asked, he smiled at me not saying anything but telling me with his eyes that he enjoyed my curiosity.

"i was married." he paused and took my hand to sit on the bench near us. "i was young at 23, but very in love, she- she died, after 5 years"

"i'm sorry i. i didn't"

"no Amelia, don't be i'm glad you asked". His eyes told me that he no longer grieved but was happy.

"she suffered for a long time, a cancer to the stomach, and i was beating up myself for not being able to help her, then after those years, i finished my studies and enlisted in the marine corp."

i was awed with this man, he looked so sure of himself and his believes, his passion. A strong, handsome and intelligent man.

"i was 28 at the time. My wife had died and i was strong and capable of helping in the war. After some years i got tired so i left 5 years ago to become a full time surgeon."

"what was she like?" my curiosity was above level 100. his life was like a book, a story with him as a hero.

"Sarah, sarah Brooks, she was my childhood best friend and partner in crime, a creative and free soul, she was beautiful in a traditional sense and very sweet, very...lovable" he ended looking at me, dead in the eye. My blushing was out of control as he took the lead of the conversation.

"you have something that resembles her"

"in which sense" i asked intrigued.

"innocence" he answered. "you see all in a different light, nothing like mine."

"what's yours doc?"

"life. in it's most experienced stage" he took a cigarette and light it up. making me wrinkle my nose. i hated smoke.