The City Lights

I walked out of his classroom with my heart beating fast, my hands trembling and my voice just above a whisper, Andrew Dunham had the nerve to say that, i may be naive and not very experienced but i recognized the desire in that last sentence, the...

I walked out of his classroom with my heart beating fast, my hands trembling and my voice just above a whisper, Andrew Dunham had the nerve to say that, i may be naive and not very experienced but i recognized the desire in that last sentence, the way his voice got deeper, his eyes more narrow and his infamous smirk appeared.

Once outside i took a deep breath and headed to my next class, were i needed to paint my last work. My friends gathered around a corner and i joined them, but slightly absent to their conversation and a bit confused, i just took color after color, trying to do my best.

"it is a nice painting Amelia, you put very well the emotions there" my teacher said, he reached behind me and took my colors. He nodded and smiled at them.

"what emotions?" i said without thinking.

"well. I see passion, growing and curiousness" he said looking at my work, it was a 2 foot square canvas, ready to be finished.

"interesting" i muttered, not feeling well. I wanted to go out for a while and breath for a moment.

I took my things and went outside, drinking water from my bottle and sat on the floor while i breathed hard. My head had been spinning non stop for the last hour, and Andrew Dunham was the absolute king of the thoughts, His stupid Smirk, his intelligence, the way he moves, he talks and even stare at me.

I got up and headed home, telling my teacher and friends i was not feeling well. There Azula and Jo were talking and cooking, as every Friday, i smiled at them and they knew immediately that something was wrong how? i don't know.

"hey! why the face" Azula said as she poured some of the mix into the cupcakes molds, she had some of it in her hair and face looking funny.

"nothing, it just that...Mr.Dunham" i said .

"wow, who is that. i don't know anything about this mr" Jo added and went to sit beside me and got me some water.

"he's my new professor, you now classics. And i met him at Alex's work dinner" i said trying to look them and understand me.

"yeah and? he's a bully?" Azula asked. intrigued by my sudden mood drop.

"I think...i think i like him." i said and saw the shock in their faces.

"oh stop. You like your professor? that's so..." Azula said and stopped to find a word.

"Risky! Exciting! oh Romantic, and he teaches Shakespeare!" Jo intervened sighting at the picture she herself imagined.

"yeah and totally stupid, i have a boyfriend whom i really care for" i said not to say love, because i loved him...or so i thought.

"ok, doc was and is your first love, you may be infatuated by him, i mean he saved your life twice." Azula said not even sparing a thought t him, she never wanted me and him together, for some reason.