Breath Amelia

"Mr.Hawk, i count on you to take good care of your daughter, and that means taking her to see Dr.Dawson on the days that are scheduled, Amelia...see you in two weeks." he said as i looked at every feature on his handsome face, today he was dressed in a simple t-shirt and black jeans, looking boyish and drool worthy, his dark blonde hair was pushed back and his eyes scanned over me every few minutes, between writing on the papers and talking to my parents.

i rather felt childish, waiting on the "adults" to stop talking about me. and my whole 'situation'.

After our flirty morning, Dr. Alex Reed scheduled a meeting for may 7, and i intended on being my best for that day.

"goodbye, doctor thank you for everything" i said and took his extended hand, i felt my heart swell with longing, and i was already missing him, after being in his presence this two weeks had me developing a serious crush on the man.

He shook my hand in his large one with a confident handshake, his eyes never leaving mine, and his lips tightly pressed together.

"goodbye Amelia take care, i'll see you soon." he said and quickly made his exit, leaving me with my hand tingling and my mouth gaped open.

"he's such a handsome man, isn't he Amelia?" My mom asked me as i took my father's elbow and continued to walk towards the exit. There my two best friend were waiting for us, as we were going to celebrate to a restaurant my successful recover.

"Amelia! you look so perfect!" Azula exclaimed as they made their way towards me, i kissed them on their cheeks and hugged them softly as my side was still a bit sore.

"girls, good to see you too" my dad said with a knowing smile and they turned to hug and kiss my parents, as they had know them pretty well this 3 years of living with them. My parents often visited me and took us to dinner or the theatre, they loved to travel with us too.

"ok, we are good to go then" my mom said as everyone was settled in the car and we took the road to the center of the city to dinner on one of our favorite restaurants.

After 30 minutes we were seated at the Italian decorated place and served our respective drinks, my mind was in a joy place as i remembered the unsaid things that occurred this afternoon at the clinic. It was obvious that Dr.Reed wanted to say more than a simple goodbye, and my heart told me that i was right, not only my imagination working and playing me some tricks.

Our time there was filled with laughter and smiles, everyone sharing stories and good wine. My dad gave me a necklace, he had perfect taste, from a young age i've learned how to dress, buy and eat properly, thanks to him. The black stones had a simple diamond she and had some little god pieces, he said it reminded him of me, i just smiled and thanked God for the family i had and the good friends of course.

After that we went to our house, and said our goodbyes to the girls, after all i was going to be in my parents home for a while, my room was the same and even the bathroom still had some of my stuff. i remembered how obsessed i was with curling my hair during high school, i took the curling iron and started to experiment with it, my shoulder length hair had natural waves but with the curling iron i transformed it into a pretty bob.

"Amelia. what are you doing honey?" my mom shouted from my bedroom door, once inside the bathroom she sat beside me and helped me with my hair.

"you've always had such a pretty hair, it's light and soft. Among with all your features" she said and kept separating my hair into long and languid curls. She looked at me throw the mirror and mouthed an i love you.

"i love too momma" i said, that was my nick name for her since a young age, and she loved it.

"so, tell more about this Dr.Reed" she said suddenly changing the cute moment, to one of uncomfortable blushes for me.