Stare*

The day went normally after Dr.Reed had left the room, and Azula come in once again asking why did i look so flushed and i told her that i was just a bit tired and uncomfortable in that bed.

The truth was, i felt embarrassed at what just happened.

That afternoon my parents told me that my oldest uncle was very ill, and that they had to pay him a visit, after all we were all the family he had left. i felt like crying because he was like the grandfather i never had and to my dad he was the father he lost when he was young.

Uncle Benny was a character, with war stories and hunting seasons with his friends, i loved going to his lake house in the summer, it was fresh, had about 3 different gardens, full of beautiful flowers that aunt Marie had planted.

i Remember those tea parties that we used to do with her, and invite my poor uncle Benny to sit his 6 foot 3 in a small chair with my stuffed animals, he was such a dear person to me, and after his wife died when i was 14 i really got him to depend on me, i used to make trips to his house everyday and help him with the library and the new music section in his home, he is 71 and still very healthy so my heart just stopped at the news my dad gave me. I couldn't loose him, not now.

Dialing my dad's number i got him to tell me what had happened, and he said that one of his lungs had a tumor. i just prayed, and prayed all afternoon, they got him that night to an emergency room and prepared the doctors for the surgery. It was in another clinic and i just thought that not telling him what happened to me was the best, and dad thought the same too. As he was too old and cared for too much.

"please, God just let him get out of this." i prayed in loud voice and tears were flowing down my cheeks as i repeated my pleads.

knock,knock.

There beside the door was Dr.Reed with a plate some bags and a box of chocolates, i must of gave my confused stare because he started to laugh, that melodic voice filling the room. Lifting the air a bit.

"I Thought you might need some company, i just found out about you uncle... one of my friends is the head of the surgery group, so he is in good hands" He said and smiled a sincere smile, toothy and white. I just nodded my head feeling slightly embarrassed for the afternoon situation.

"thanks, you don't have to check on me all the time" i said and didn't want it to sound so cold, but it did and Dr.Reed got to my bed in flash movements and dropped the bags that smelled of food.

"i don't, but i want to." he just said, and he's hands started to work on the plates and food, Sushi.

"here you go, you must be craving some good food by now." he said and sat at the side of the bed pulling the table for the two of us.

"i do, this food service, is well required" i smiled at him, and that made his eyes stop at me and stare me for a second. Those stares of his made me so nervous.

"how are you feeling Amelia" he asked, softly and i started to pick a roll to put it in my mouth, i couldn't believe this, Dr.Reed in my room, bringing me food and making small talk.

"i'm good thanks." i just paused, a thought dying to be out. "how come you are here and not in your home with your family?" i said and instantly took another piece to chew on.

Dr.Reed's face was neutral, just eyes on me and waiting for his mouth to finish eating.

"i'm not married if that's what you wanted to know." he said, and if any of my blushes were giving away how embarrassed he made me this one was pretty obvious.

"i'm sorry i didn't want to know your personal life, it's just i'm curious." i said and took a sip of the grape juice he brought.

"it's ok. Your dad asked me if i could keep you company and explained to me the situation that his brother is in." he explained and i felt like such a fool, leaving my thoughts to run about why he was here.