[01]: GOLDEN BLOOD

__
CHAPTER ONE;
[ GOLDEN BLOOD ]
[CONSTELLAION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER ONE;[ GOLDEN BLOOD ][CONSTELLAION || GLENN RHEE]

___

      Athena laid on a large tree branch, the ground multiple feet below her as the loud and horrible sound of walkers feeding on a loved one echoed underneath her. The night sky shined on the girl like a street lamp, the breeze of the cold air hitting her calmly. The branch she laid on was prickly, covered in sharp twigs and leaves that poked her skin like small needles over and over again as her blue eyes stared at the sky above her, examining the night sky once again like nothing had changed at all.

But things had changed.

She brought her hand up to her face and wiped away the tears that fell down her pale face. They coated her cheeks and stained her lashes, mixing with the dried and fresh blood that stuck to her face as well. Athena wiped that away too, sniffling as she eyed her crimson colored hands. This made her cry harder as she furiously rubbed it away using her saliva, but it was no use, the color was not fading.

More loud sobs escaped her mouth, but the walkers below payed the girl no attention. No, they were too busy feeding on the remains of Athena's brother, Atlas.

It had been an accident; the reason why Atlas had died. But even though it was, Athena blamed herself. If she just would've stolen more food—maybe he'd still be alive. It was her fault.

They had been short on food for weeks, living off of berries they found in bushes that made their stomachs hurt or stale granola bars that made them throw up. It had gotten to the point where sometimes one of them would pass out from lack of water and food and the other would have to take care of them until they woke up. It had been going on for a few days, but today it had gotten out of control and happened at the worst possible time.

There had been seven walkers surrounding them around an hour ago. They both saw it as an easy problem to solve, but Atlas had started hyperventilating all of a sudden without warning.

"Atlas, are you okay?" Athena had asked her brother as she heard the new noise coming from his mouth amongst the multiple groans from walkers. When she received no response, Athena broke her stance and turned to her brother, ignoring the walkers advancing. "Atlas?" she screamed as she watched her brother fall to his knees. "Atlas are you—"

Her question had been cut off as she saw his eyes roll to the back of his head and his body slam against the floor. She screamed as the walkers advanced towards them with hands extended, ready to dig into them like a new and fresh feast.

Athena dug her axe into the nearest walkers's head and kicked it back and away from her sibling, a pounding noise settled in her head from the lack of nutrients as she defended him and her. She kept going, knocking down walkers until she couldn't anymore. Even more walkers appeared from the loud scream she emitted earlier, dragging themselves towards her until one dug its mouth into Atlas's shoulder.