[32]: BARE BODIES AND HIGH WATERS

__
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO;
[ BARE BODIES AND HIGH WATERS ]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO;[ BARE BODIES AND HIGH WATERS ][CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

___

Ares awoke to the sound of Nate humming his usual tune—a tune that comforted the both of them and sounded like home. Hearing his scratchy voice made a small grin appear on the brunette's lips, Ares' face buried in their pillow as his bare chest lied against the mattress. He stared up at the blonde, catching sight of the back he had grown familiar to. It was marked with many scars, and Ares had to keep himself from reaching out and tracing the most largest one.

"Morning," Nate suddenly mumbled out, stopping the tune as he turned around and laid eyes on Ares. His jeans hung loosely on his hips, hair rather a mess and eyes drooping. He had gotten in late the night before after going on a run with Sasha, and it was easy to see that the lack of sleep really was taking a toll on him. "I'm bloody tired."

"I can tell," Ares chuckled, reaching up to grab his wrist with a sloppy smile, "Get back in bed you dork." He whined, and Nate looked hesitant but soon submerged back into the sheets of their bed. It wasn't weird to them when it came to sharing a bed, day or night, it was instead weird to them when they didn't share a bed. They were each other's safety.

The warmth that radiated off the both of them heated the room as Ares turned on his side to face Nate, the blonde looking extremely drained as he lied on his back. The under eye bags that Nate wore were almost a dark purple, and Ares felt obligated to try and lessen the stress he was taking on by sitting up. "Nate, sit up real quick, please?" He asked quietly.

The blonde popped open his eyes and flashed Ares a questioning look, but didn't hesitate to sit up none the less so that his back was facing Ares. "Just relax." He coaxed as Ares planted his hands on his shoulders, "You need to stop overloading yourself with work, Nate."

"I have to," Nate groaned, relaxing as Ares began to massage his shoulders, "We need to earn our place here."

"We have." Ares protested, "You're one of Rick's best men now because you've gone on over twenty runs in the past two weeks. Plus, you've been bringing in logs for fire and helping out on shifts. And I've been doing my best to help out with the animals and go on runs too. I think we need some time off."

"Ares, I can't—"

"Yes, you can." Ares said as he ran his fingers down his spine. "I'm calling off the run with Rick today, he can find other people. We need a break—you need a break."

Nate seemed hesitant, but soon gave in, falling back into Ares' chest with a large sigh. "So what do you have planned for today then?" He asked questionably, Ares' fingers tracing the palm of his hand with a hum.

"I was thinking, since the Woodbury teenagers put up a volleyball net, that we can maybe hold a tournament." Ares brainstormed, "Or we can go out driving for awhile, find a lake or something maybe."