[25]: A PURPOSE

__
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE;
[ A PURPOSE ]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE;[ A PURPOSE ][CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

___

Athena didn't know which one was harder: living without a purpose or living with one and having that purpose yanked away from you.

Everything hurt. Athena felt utterly and despicably destroyed. She did not know how many weeks had passed since she had last seen the faces of the people she cared for. Days of being locked in the rust-tainted room had soon turned into weeks, and now, Athena was sure it had been a solid month of pure misery. The black t-shirt she wore on a day to day basis was coated in blood and tears; from the torture and sessions of pure agony, Athena wasn't sure what hurt worse any more. Everything was so painful to the point where everything she felt had combined into one toxic hole of misery, a pit of darkness that Athena was familiar with.

Luckily though, the second in command, Martinez, had grown accustom to aiding to Athena's needs. Whether it was convincing the Governor to go easy on sessions or let her shower every once in awhile, he really tried, and Athena appreciated that. But everything was getting so grey and so dark fast that she didn't know how much longer she could last, because being alone gave her time to think, and thinking for her was a dangerous thing.

In the hundreds of hours that Athena was given to submerge into the thoughts that she refused to acknowledge, she had come to many horrifying conclusions.

One, Athena had only ever lived for the people around her, and with the newfound idea of never seeing the group again made living so much harder. And two, they probably thought she was dead.

It was clear as day that Athena wasn't getting out of Woodbury anytime soon. Escaping was impossible, Rick didn't know she was imprisoned by the Governor and couldn't come and "save her", and Athena was far too weak to attempt any sort of quick getaway. Martinez was all the hope she had, but even then, he couldn't do much himself.

Athena let out a groan when the door to her cell opened. Martinez, who stood still in the corner of the room, shifted his gaze to the man entering. The Governor, of course.

"It's your lucky day," he grinned, making his way over to her. Athena sat slumped in the metal chair, hair cascading down her frame as he tapped her forehead. "Guess who's going out for a bit?"

Athena flickered her eyes to Martinez, looking for a source of confirmation, and he nodded. "He's meeting with the leader of your group today."

As if the world had finally begun spinning again, Athena's ears perked and her heart skipped a beat. "Why?"

Rick, he was meeting with Rick. Maybe—just maybe—she could see him.

The Governor pulled Athena to her feet, "That's for me to know, and for you, to find out."

Athena hissed in pain when he grabbed her bound wrists and pushed her through the door. Martinez followed behind, his hand on her back to steady her uneven walk. The sudden course of action made Athena dizzy, but the bright sun rays hurt even more when she was quickly pulled outdoors and shoved into a vehicle.