[26]: UNRAVELED

__
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX;
[ UNRAVELED ]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX;[ UNRAVELED ][CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

___

[One Day after Glenn & Maggie Return to The Prison || One Day After Athena is Taken]

Rick sat at one of the tables in their cell block, the rest of the group sitting around him as silence filled the air. No one knew what to say, what to think. Athena had promised she'd be back in a few hours, but more than a day had passed and yet had the tall brunette walked through the prison doors.

"We already checked the store we were taken at," Glenn spoke, hands drumming on the surface of one of the counters. His eyes were flickering back and forth between Rick and Hershel, looking for another possibility, "The Governor could have taken her."

Merle pursed her lips, "They wouldn't go back to the same store. By the looks of the glass, blood, alcohol, and gun with zero bullets left, looks like your little goddess of wisdom opted out."

"Don't say shit like that," Daryl sneered, stepping forward, "Athena wouldn't do that."

"She wouldn't," Hershel agreed, before sighing. "The Governor had to have taken her. It's the only way."

"But the bike was gone," Maggie added, "There's a possibility she could have left too."

For the first time since the conversation had begun, Rick spoke. "No," he said bluntly, "she wouldn't leave—she wouldn't leave us."

"You don't know that," Merle retorted, and Rick slammed his hand against the table, making everyone in the room jump.

"And you don't know her," Rick snapped, "So shut up."

The room resorted to quietness once again. There was nothing else to say: no one had a clue as to what could have possibly happened to Athena.

Glenn ran his hand through his hair, "We need to find her." He said quietly, but the quivering in his voice said it all. He was worried, he was more than worried.

They all were.

[One Week After Athena is Taken]

Everytime Glenn shut his eyes, he saw Athena.

He lied in bed, the time on his watch reading three in the morning. The lights were off and Maggie was snoring quietly next to him, her bare skin touching his, legs intertwined, and hands entangled. He tried sleeping, he really did, but everytime Glenn shut his eyes all he saw was her.