[15]: CANNED PINEAPPLES

__
CHAPTER FIFTEEN;
[ CANNED PINEAPPLES ]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER FIFTEEN;[ CANNED PINEAPPLES ][CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

___

Athena snuggled herself even deeper into the blanket she had wrapped herself in, her pale skin illuminating goosebumps in the moonlight. No matter how much she tried to warm herself though, her body continued shaking violently.

She was never one for cold weather, especially since she lived in an area that was sunny 24/7. Not once had she ever encountered such low temperatures, but now that winter was slowly approaching and she had no house to retreat into, her body was starting to shut down.

It had been one week in total since they had left the farm, and a lot of things had happened in that one week. For starters, they all learnt that Shane was killed by Rick, which was a shocker for Athena. She had assumed the herd had gotten him, but after Rick went off on the group and said that he did so many things for all of them, the experience the man had that night the farm was overrun had slipped from his mouth by accident.

She understood his reasons though: Shane was a threat, no doubt or concern about that, and he had threatened the old sherif and declared that he wanted to take his place as not only the leader of the group, but as Lori's husband and Carl's father. Athena had already settled on the fact that what Shane tried, and almost achieved, was incredibly fucked up. She didn't doubt one word that came from Rick's mouth when he explained all of the things that had happened, which was one reason as to why she stood by his side when he said anyone could leave if they didn't agree with him.

Of course after that, the group had definitely changed like Athena had guessed. Though seven days was a short amount to most people, Athena saw it as 168 hours to think about everything that had gone on, and to her, 168 hours was enough to change as a whole. And that's exactly what everyone did.

Lori had grown a bit distant to Rick, and Athena could tell immediately. They didn't interact as much as they used to, and she knew it was because of the fact that Rick killed the man who Lori had past feelings for. Though the woman had defended her on multiple occasions, Athena couldn't help but not agree with Lori's behavior. Her husband did what was right, what needed to be done, and she was selfish enough to mistreat the sacrifice he made by killing his best friend.

Along with that, they all knew now that they were all infected. No matter how they died, heart attack, gunshot wound, illness, stabbed, bitten, they'd all end up as one of the walking dead unless something went through their brain.

Athena didn't know how to react to this. At first, she had almost had a mental breakdown over the fact, but as 168 hours flew by, she found herself becoming used to the news. Maybe it was because it was the most obvious thing in the world, or maybe it was because she already knew it before Rick even let out a word that day. With Randal having his neck snapped and then turning, she had already settled on a conclusion when she was with Glenn and Daryl. It was something that they all should have picked up on, but even with them all having this knowledge, Athena knew that this was definitely not what was bothering everyone.