[10]: DRIBBLING LIPS

__
CHAPTER TEN;
[ DRIBBLING LIPS ]
[CONSTELLAION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER TEN;[ DRIBBLING LIPS ][CONSTELLAION || GLENN RHEE]

___

"Favorite movie?"

Athena groaned for the hundredth time at Glenn when the words escaped his lips. She inhaled a long breath of air as a response, the cool breeze of the night wind hitting her as she did so. Her hair blew behind her too, Glenn's baseball cap slightly lifting. The two were currently still on top of the RV, deciding to discard the beach chairs to sit on and instead dangling their feet over the edge. They were sharing a blue blanket at the same time, the item pulled up to their chins as Athena's teeth chattered violently.

"Why is this even nessacary?" Athena asked him, "We're in the freaking apocalypse and I doubt we'll be watching movies anytime soon, Glenn. None of the past matters."

Glenn seemed to think otherwise because he stared at her with furrowed brows, "The past has to matter. It's the only thing we have to hang onto, without it we'd go insane." he told her, swinging his legs widely. "Now, what's your favorite movie?"

Athena huffed, "Is this some twenty questions bullshit?"

Glenn smacked her arm lightly, almost as if he were afraid she was going to pull her axe on him and kill him because of it. "Athena."

She whined obnoxiously before huffing out an answer, "The Host."

Glenn seemed almost surprised. "You're into those types of movies too?"

Athena pulled the blanket tighter to her body as the wind picked up, "Well duh. Horror movies and post apocalyptic ones, especially futuristic ones." she told him, and Glenn stared at her with an unreadable expression. "I'm a huge fan of them."

"What!" Glenn bursted out, "No way! Me too. They're my absolute favorites." he beamed loudly, a large and goofy grin attached to his face. "Do you read comic books?"

Athena felt excitement bubble in her stomach, feeling her old self try to push its way through her. "Yeah, they used to be my favorite. I'd read them all the time." she said, and Glenn seemed to be growing happier by the second at each word that came out of her mouth.

"Maggie isn't a big fan." Glenn told her, "She told me she preferred being outside, never had time for shows and stuff. I would've thought you were one of those girls who preferred going out like her."

Athena chuckled, a sort of bitter one. "Glenn, a girl can do many things. I read comic books and geeked out all the time, but I still wore make up and went out to clubs. Just because a girl does something that a man doesn't like doesn't make her any less worthy of another woman who goes out and a man prefers, works the other way too." Athena said, trying not to sound too sharp as she spoke. "I did both."

Glenn looked even more surprised before he placed a hand on his own leg, "You're right, I'm sorry. It's just that you and Maggie are both nice and kind to people, I just thought you two shared the same qualities."