Chapter 8 Caring

*your pov*
I had dozed back and forth waiting on Newt and the others to wake up but I eventually fell asleep.....Until the maze doors opened. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Newt standing at my doorway watching the runners leave. Sadly I couldn't go today.....I don't think Newt would have let me anyways. Not after the first time I came back and me collapsing just so long ago......how long ago was that? I don't know. I saw Newt sigh when the pair of runners disappeared and he turned around so I closed my eyes but when he walked over I could feel him brush the hair away from my eyes and he cupped my cheek and runner his thumb along it. I think he sat down again cause his hand left my face and he grabbed my hand. I fluttered my eyes open and looked at him. His head was hung and he had both his hands holding my limp one.

I decided to let him know I was awake by weakly grasping his hands. His eyes shot up to meet mine and I could see tears prickling his eyes. He quickly stood up and pulled me into a hug. A long warm hug.

"H-how long was I out?" I say into his neck as I hugged him.
"You were out about a week. We were starting to think you would never wake up. You only just got here and I will be honest with you. I feel like I've known you before All this mess and if I did know you I didn't want to loose you again."
That touched me. I didn't think anyone here would care for me this soon. Or ever.
I felt wet pricks fall onto my hair and that's when I realized he actually did care for me. He wasn't just saying that so that I wouldn't feel alone. He actually cared for me....like back then.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey My noses. Sorry it took me so long to update but I haven't had that much motivation. But actually for now I'm just watching the scorch trials and my knee is Jacked up to where I can't move. So I thought I might write some for u guys today. And Omg thank u for almost 1 k reads! You guys are awesome!
Love ya! <3
~ Zelda