Chapter 18

I was confused. It just turned and left. But I looked up to the sky and saw the slight hint of orange creeping up. I quickly turned and climbed up the ivy to the spot where newt was hidden. He had fallen asleep.

     I shook his arm and he jumped a tiny bit, hitting his head on the stone that incased him. I helped him out of the slot and onto the ground as I heard the doors open.

     Following the noise of the stone, I could trace the way back home and I has newt put his balance in my shoulder as I helped heave him back.

     About 20 minutes later, we reached the long stone corridor that led into the glade, Minho looking elsewhere tying his shoes, getting ready for his run. I was to tired to yell, and newt was seriously hurt, barely able to even hobble in his good foot.

     Minho stood up, fixing his backpack on his back, whispering something to himself and he looked down the corridor, seeing me and newt and his eyes lit up. With both fear and relief. He ran to us and helped take the weight of newt off my tiny aching body and hurried him to the med jack as I made it to the grass and fell.

     I just laid there, face down on the ground. Taking in the feeling of the soft, warm grass after sleeping on the cold hard stone for a few days. I heard the voices of the boys grow nearer as Nick ran up to me and placed his hand on my back. I flinched just a little from the bruises I had gotten.

     He picked me up and settled me in his arms as he carried me to the med-jacks. His heartbeat was fast for some reason. Was it the rush of everything? And I slightly heard him whisper to himself as he handed me over,

     "Thank God you are alive"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't updated In a while. I always say that and I know I can't be reliable at times, but I've had a lot to deal with. It started with playoffs for the band and then I was in a place where I couldn't write. I had no time and I had major writers block. But now, I'm back and I have more ideas, I've even started two new stories... one is on here one isn't. If you like Harry Potter and the new Fantastic Beasts movie can you go check it out? I hope you guys enjoyed it!
Love ya!
~ Zelda