chapter 14. where is she?

*newt's pov*

     The night sky rolled in as I sat by her hut. What had caused her mood swing? Was it something I said? Did I do something wrong? I just wish I could set back time and restart today, to change whatever I did or said.

      More questions swarmed my mind, all tackling each other, but one question stood out. Did she know something we didn't?

     I looked at the sky and determined what time it was so I decided to head over to the doors, to welcome her back, even if she didn't want to see me. But all I saw was Minho turn the corner, the steady tapping if his feet turned into small thuds as he moved to the safety of the grass. But then he turned around and I could see on his face the same question that is running in my mind.

     "Where is she?"
     Minho's head whipped around to see me, true fear in his eyes, he called her name. It echoed into the long, stone corridor. No response.

     That's when the grinding of the doors started. No one has stayed the night out there, we figured they closed at night for a reason.

       I had a feeling for her, fear for her safety. But there was another feeling I had for her, something I couldn't describe. A certain warmth in my heart and soul that I don't think I had ever felt before. If I did, I sure didn't remember it.

     *your pov*

     The doors stopped moving and I knew I was officially locked out here for the night. There must've been a reason they close every night. Thats When I heard the noise that would be embedded in my mind forever.

     It was a slight hissing sound, mixed with the faint tap of metal against stone and an occasional scrape.

     That's when I saw it. The reason those doors close at night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey turtles! How have ya been? Lol I am trying to update more frequently, but I have after school rehearsles for band on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I have an hour to get a chapter of one of my stories to do that, but thing is, I'm not allowed to have my phone out before that, so I'm trying my best to update as much as possible between homework and ASRs. I will probably do this story again tomorrow!

Love ya! ♡♡♡

~Zelda