Chapter 30

*your pov*
I let him fall. If I would have just been able to reach just a little bit farther.

I sat on my bed and stared at the ceiling, the tear stains on my face were dry and sticky, but I couldn't wipe them away. The dark sky loomed above outside my window.
     It's been a couple days already and all the boys are confused. I was the new leader and I couldn't do anything but sit and do nothing. Literally, I haven't eaten nor slept in days, and I didn't tell the need to either. That's when I heard a small knock in the door,
"Y/n?" It was Newt's voice, "are you ok? Can I come in?"
I smacked my wall to reply a yes, and the door opened and I felt my bed dio as he sat on it, gently stroking my hair and placing a kiss on my forehead,
"Do you want some food? I can get fry and give you some extra-"
I shook my head no and my voice cracked as I sat up,
"I'll go and get something, and then I'm going on a run in the maze."
     He looked surprised and once he realised what I had said he gripped my shoulders,
"B-but you've barely slept, and eaten, and-" I cut him off,
"Its alright, Newt. I can handle myself, I'll be back before the doors close. Plus, I need to. We need to get out of this hellhole and it's the only way I can feel better about anything. I leave Alby in charge for the day as second in command."
His face showed disagreement. But he nodded. Knowing that he couldn't change my mind or else I would go crazy.
He pulled me into his chest and I inhaled a deep breath. Every time I forget how much I love his scent.

I pulled away and stood up changing into my running gear, wobbling a small bit on the balls of my feet.
"You coming with? I'm going to go get food."
Newt smiled and limped over to me and took my hand.
~ Time skip until after they are done eating~
It was time for the doors to open and I looked at new again who was meddling with the zipper to my backpack,
"You really have to go today?"
I nodded and hugged him as the slow rumble indicated the doors opening,
"Yes, and I gave Minho the job of mapping today, he is starting to put together what we have so far. I will be back soon. I promise."
He looked right into my eyes and stuck out his pinky, and I hooked mine with it. And we smiled.
"This should be called something... a pinky promise! A promise I linked to you physically."
I walked away and he reached out. Our pinkies still hooked until I was inside the doors and we lost grip.

      It was time to run again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! You guys still hanging in there? Sorry it takes so long to update. I always forget to write it out. But I'm trying to get better about updating.
And people who were commenting about Alby being leader. The books talk about Nick in the beginning of which the maze was just started, he did die and I believe it was by what I wrote. But I'm a bit hazy in the books as it's been a while since I've read them. And I promise I'm doing my best to make what I write good!
~ Zelda