Chapter 9 blisters

The next day I was allowed to get back to work. But not as a runner. Newt insisted I worked in the gardens and run laps so I'm stronger when I go back to running.... I'm just pretty sure he doesn't want me back in the maze.

Nick and the rest of the boys were glad I woke up. They were thinking they killed me. I told them I didn't know why I collapsed that I was probably not ready to run out there. Like newt said.

I plowed the hoe into the dirt, picking any weeds I see as the sun beat down on me.
"It's so hot out here." I mumble to myself as I tilled up some more land.

"Heya greenie. Looks like you got the hang of it!" I heard newt say behind me. So I turn around to find him leaning on a shovel with his over shirt tied around his waist so he is only wearing that brown tank top.

"Yea" I mumble to myself as I set the hoe against the ground and looking at my hands. They were covered in blisters and it hurt.

"Oh greenie look at what you have done to your hands! Your supposed To wear gloves the first few days. Come on let's go to the med Jacks and maybe you can just run around the glade for the next few days. You've been getting better." He kept talking. And talking. Until we got to the med-jacks and they wrapped my hands up. But then It hit me.
"You watch me run?"
"Yea how can I not? You pass the gardens everyday. Like 3 times" He said calmly. It's understandable. So j nod and I head back to the gardens. I still wasn't done yet. I was told to help newt with planting if I got done with my job.
*Newts pov*
She bought it! I thought she was gonna find out that I may have a little bit of feelings for her. I don't love her... but I'm not sure I like her just as a friend.
*Your pov*
We finally got to the gardens and newt showed me how to plant the carrots and potatoes. This was alot easier then my job. Why did I get the plowing? I accidently tripped trying to get more seeds and ended up catching myself with my hands. And landing on them sent pain through my whole hand and Into my wrist.

Newt rushed over to help me up but I noticed my hands were bleeding. Go figure. Landing on those blisters must've popped a couple. Plus a scrape here and there so yea. My hand was gonna be bleeding.
"Maybe you should go get some rest. It's almost time to quit anyway. I'll just tell nick that you wern't feeling good." Newt said as he helped me up. I nodded and said,
"Thank you. See you at dinner"
I waved and he waved back then I headed to my shack and took a nap.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey My noses! Guess what! It's Newt years eve! I hope you all have a good newt year! Hope you enjoy the chapter!
Love ya <3
~ Zelda