Chapter 27

*your pov*

After I got Preston back to his hammock I waved off at Nick as he ran off somewhere to decide on Preston's job. Then I walked over to the med-jack hut where Newt was staying and slowly cracked open the door, the first thing I saw was the familiar mop of sandy hair sticking up at peculiar angles. His shoulders raising and falling at a calm pace, a slight snore erupting every so often.

The sun had just started to rise as I pushed the door open just a little more, golden rays of light shining in through the doorway and blanketing everything it touches in the warm golden color.

Slowly walking over, I rested my hand on his shoulder as the snoring stopped, but his breathing remained at the deep pace it had been at. Giving a small shake, the breathing hitched and a groan sounded from the back of his throat.

He rolled over and his eyes focused onto mine,

"Oh, Hi Y/n," He rubbed the last bit of sleep out of his eyes, "What's up?"

I smiled and let out a small chuckle,

"You didn't forget did you?"

His eyes lit up and scrambled to get up, trying to pat his bed hair into something tamed, and stood up, leaving the weight off his ankle.

"I'll need to help you walk, but are you ready to go?"

"Well, we need to see Frypan. I asked him to make us some extra breakfast before the bonfire ended. It should be ready to pick up."

I nodded and wrapped his arm around my shoulders as I put mine around his waist, feeling his face warm up as it rested just on top of my head. I helped him hobble over to a small basket on a ledge. The smell of bacon and oats wafted from the inside as he grabbed it. Then we set off to the spot in the deadheads.

-Timeskip-

"Ok, just a little longer and-"

He didn't even finish his words when water came into my view.

It was a small pond he had found, and already had the builders build a small dock. I smiled and looked up at the boy, who had a blush dusted on his cheeks. He had been staring at me while I was entranced with the water.

I helped him over to the dock and we sat down, putting the basket in between us. I opened it and there sure enough was some extra breakfast in there both separated in symmetry, as to show whos was whose.

After we ate Newt nudged my shoulder and I looked up at him. He was wearing a goofy smile that seemed to etch one on my face too.

"So, do you like it? The water I mean."

I looked out onto the rippling pond and my smile widened. The calm water reminded me of something, but I didn't know what.

"Yes, I am. Thank you, Newt."

I leaned back and supported myself on his chest, his right arm behind him to hold him up, and his left embraced me close to him. His chin resting on the top of my head once again. My legs tangled themselves against his long ones, and for a moment, I felt something in the pit of my stomach.

It was a new feeling, I had never felt it before, well that I remembered that is. It seemed like a spark, something that I only felt when he was around.

I looked up at Newt to catch him staring off at the water again, his eyes held the same feeling. He looked downand squeezed his arm just a bit tighter around my frame and reached his face down to mine.

I could feel his breath on my face as his hair fell down onto his eyes, it was faster than earlier, but just as calm.

And without thinking, I closed my eyes and closed the small gap between our lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys!

wow I've been getting a lot of positivity on this book. Thank you guys so much!

~ Zelda