So We Meet Again

Raya's P.O.V.

I watch as Luffy is dragged away by the Swordsman, heading for his ship. I smile to myself, dodging another Marine's sword.

Sadly, I've had some practice with this.

At least Luffy's going. I don't want to seem him captured. Though he has to be the biggest moron I've ever met, he's kind and he dreams big. King of the Pirates. Huh. I'm surprised someone like him showed up here. I mean, everyone who comes here knows this place is crawling with Marines. But he didn't. And he still wants to be the Pirate King.

I kinda like this guy.

The fact that he's a rubber man helps a lot too.

"Ah!" I scream, as I'm tackled to the ground by two burly Marines. I struggle to get free, but they're just too heavy. I can't move. Oh well. Luffy's on the ship now with everyone else.

The two Marines who jumped me grab onto my arms and start hauling me back into the village, towards the Marine Headquaters. Ugh, great. Now I get to say hello to Commander Bayer.

Hate. Him.

I catch Luffy's eye just before I disappear into the trees. I smile at him and give him a thumbs up, saying I'll be ok. He stares after me until I can't see him anymore.

"You keep gettin' inta trouble, don't ya, Raya?" the Marine holding my left arm asks. "No," I say sarcastically. "I just love seeing you guys, and I show my love by punching you in the face."

He grumbles something, probably a nasty curse, and jerks my arm painfully.

Jerk.

"You sure know how to treat a lady to a good time, boys!" I say enthusiastically. "Dragging her against her will, great way to pick up chicks. They can't escape! It's just like a fairy tale!"

"You were dropped on the head as a baby, weren't you?" the Marine on my right guesses. I shug as best I can, flashing him a toothy smile. "Dunno. Can't ask my parents cause they're dead and all. Pretty hard to get info about my childhood nowadays."

The Marine blanches, snapping his head forward and avoiding all contact with me. I chuckle evilly, then wince when I'm dragged over a big, sharp rock.

"You did that on purpose, bastard!" I growl. He doesn't respond.

That's pretty much how it goes as they haul me through the village. I make some sarcastic remarks, or complain, and they ignore me. The villagers stare at me as I pass, some of them smiling, others just in total shock, and some of them throwing things at me. A tomato catches me in the face and I sigh. Just what this day needed.

It isn't long until I'm forced into Headquarters and dragged up a flight of metal steps, into an office where I'm dumped unceremoniously onto the ground. The two Marines salute the slender man behind the desk before exiting sharply.

I get to my feet, groaning as I feel the bruise on my back stretch. I dust off my jeans, taking my time as the man grins nastilly at me.

"What's up, Bear?" I ask, holding up my hand in a wave. His grin dissolves into a scowl as he folds his hands together in front of his mouth. "It's Commander Bayer," he growls, while I shrug innocently. "Honest mistake," I say, waving my hand dissmissively. He shakes his head in annoyance.

"Raya, I've been informed that you've been helping pirates," Bayer says, his tone softening deceptively. I know he's just trying to gain my trust, make me admit to something. But I'm going to give him what he wants without prompting; I'd made up my mind to do it on the way here. "That's right," I say casually, smiling at him.