Freezing Fire

Raya's POV

"The Government isn't taking you seriously, but..." Aokiji continues. The entire crew has had a different reaction to what he's just told us. But I seem to be the only one giving him an uncomprehending, blank stare. "After carefully analyzing the situation, it has become obvious that you're a very determined group of individuals. Your group currently consists merely of a handful of rogues, yet judging from the degree of trouble you've caused.... there is little doubt that as time passes you'll become an actual threat.

"In the time between the issuing of the first bounty on a member of your party, to the present time.... your growth, so to say, has been quite extraordinary. And though you have so far limited yourselves to fighting other pirates, I am concerned with what the future holds once you grow tired of your prey and search for new game...."

"Wh-Why are you saying all this?!" Usopp cries in a desperate manner. It's possible he's yet to accept the true nature of our current predicament. I find that odd, considering Aokiji stated quite clearly what he intends to do to us. "Aren't you only here on a walk...?!"

"Your party is now especially dangerous, because of you... Nico Robin," the Marine finishes, cool gaze still locked on the ground, like he can't force himself to meet any of our intense gazes. Except for Usopp, Nami and Chopper. They just look down right scared.

"You bipolar son of a bitch!" I growl, my face flushing a blistering red as my anger reaches a fever pitch. I still sit though, unmoving from my spot only feet from where he sits. I don't know why I won't move. It isn't because I'm unafraid; that'd make me an idiot. No, I think it's more of a... precaution of some sort. And yet I can't figure out what I'm taking caution against.

"So you came to take Robin away after all!" Luffy shouts, just as angry as I feel at the moment. "I'm gonna send you flying!!"

Aokiji ignores both our outbursts, and speaks only to Robin, who's yet to make a sound. "The size of your bounty does not only reflect the threat your combat abilities pose. It also gives to show how dangerous you are to the Government. And even though you were only eight-years-old, you had such a high bounty put on your head. As a child you were a true survivor. Betraying your partners... using them as tools....." His head finally snaps up, and he stares directly at Robin with a dark gaze full of what he, at least, considers to be the truth. "After the recent feat of survival you've undertaken.... are these the new tools that you've chosen to manipulate to achieve your goals?"

"You freaking asshat!" Sanji growls; I blink, breaking my stare away from the Supreme Admiral and look around to see that Usopp is having trouble keeping Sanji from throwing himself at Aokiji. "What did Robin-chan ever do to you?!"

"Calm down, Sanji!!" Usopp urges, to almost no avail.

"She didn't do anything to me," Aokiji says simply. I grit my teeth as a response; can't he stop it with the cool facade? We both know what kind of danger he's hiding behing that lazy glare. "She escaped after I arrested her. But that's a long story. One that you'll eventually learn... That woman's curse will bring that day to pass soon enough. Here's proof: Every group that Robin has ever associated with has ended up completely annihilated."

Cue our shocked and disbelieving stares.

"Always leaving her as the sole survivor. Why is that so, Nico Robin?" he asks, shifting his gaze away again.

I clench my hands into fists, trembling with rage. It's so obvious he wants to turn us against her. But in my opinion, Luffy would beat Robin out for I.Q. points, Zoro'd go sober, Usopp would quit his outrageous lies, Sanji would turn gay, Nami would donate all her berries to charity and Chopper would admit he likes being complimented before we'd let that happen. And me, I'd turn myself into the Marines and be executed as Shanks' daughter, just so I wouldn't turn against my nakama.