The Pirate Hunter

Raya's POV

I groan as I roll over in my half sleep. I'd semi woken up about ten minutes ago and I'm cursing myself now because I can't fall back asleep.

"Hey, are you awake?"

Almost involuntarily, my eyes blink open, revealing a very worried looking long nosed boy, sitting in front of me.

"Yeah, I'm up," I mumble, pushing myself into a sitting position. "Hello Usopp."

"How are you feeling?"

I shrug a shoulder carelessly, only to realize it's the one that got shot with a freaking canon! I hiss out a breath. "I'm doing just dandy," I reply sarcastically. "How about you?"

Just then, Nami stalls down the steps and faces Usopp, her hands fisted at her sides, shoulders hunched. "Didn't I tell you to keep out of here?"

Usopp practically yips like a whipped puppy and scurries from the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

Nami takes his place, sitting in front of my hammock.

"Wow," I comment, whistling appreciatively. Nami smiles, her other half shining through. "The whole crew act like that with you?"

"Well, Luffy is usually too stupid to understand and Zoro doesn't care but....what?" she asks, seeing me tense up suddenly.

"Really didn't think it was him," I mutter, mostly to myself.

"Who? Zoro? Wait, do you know him?"

I shake my head, pressing my fingers to my temple in a vain attempt to halt my incoming headache.

"I only know OF him," I correct her, leaning back against my pillow. "People in my village loved him at first because he was so great at capturing 'unwanted' pirates. But then the rumors started."

"That he's a demon," Nami supplies knowingly.

I nod. "Yeah, those exact ones. And so their opinions of him totally went south."

"What about you?" Nami questions, tilting her head slightly. "What do you mean?" I ask innocently. "Well, you say that the villagers didn't like him, but you haven't indicated yourself once."

I laugh lightly, nervously. "Damn," I say, snapping my fingers. "I was hoping you wouldn't catch onto that. Anyway, in the beginning I REALLY hated the guy. Like, with a burning passion."

"And then...?"

Damn how does this girl keep figuring out I'm not telling the whole story? It's uncanny. And frankly, annoying.

"Well to be honest, I had a crush on the guy."

...............

Silence.

................

And MORE silence.

..................

And oh my freaking God, more silen---

"YOU HAD A CRUSH ON ZORO?!?!?"

I slap a hand to her mouth as she struggles to make another obnoxious outburst. "Shhh!" I admonish, my eyes flicking to the door, praying no one is nearby.

Finally, Nami calms down enough that I risk removing my hand. She stays silent for a while, her features scrunched together in concentration. "Well," she says finally, laughing a bit. "I guess I can see why you liked him. He's all strong and muscular--"

"That wasn't it."

"What?"

"I mean yeah, I guess that's why MOST girls would like him, but not me. For me, it was his eyes."