Gambling Everything

Raya's POV

I wonder how long we've been walking. It seems like we only left Yuba a few minutes ago. But I also know it has to have been hours since Vivi and Luffy's sparring match. Hours in the hot desert, listening to Usopp and Luffy complain.

What have I learned?

1. Usopp is a liar AND a complainer

2. Luffy must be a ventriloquist because there is no possible explanation for how he talks with his tongue hanging from his mouth like an expectant dog

3. My captain has no talent for insults whatsoever. All the time we've been out here, I've only heard variations on Nami-camel

4. My rapidly waning patience is pressing me to slap both my captain and my sharpshooter upside the head and into unconsciousness

My hand actually flies out of its own accord, but Zoro clamps onto my wrist, staying me. I blink at him gratefully and drop my hand.

"If they'd just stop panting I wouldn't be having any issues right now," I growl. Zoro chuckles but then continues with his now expected silence. No one has talked much since we set out for Rainbase. Besides our two resident infants.

"Chopper?" I call to the doctor who now lies spread-eagle atop my head. His arms and legs dangle, and I occasionally have to shift his hooves to keep them from poking at my already damaged eye. "Vivi says it's not much farther to the city. Can you hold out a bit longer?"

He'd bravely tried to remain on his feet, but recently I noticed he was slipping, succumbing to heat-induced exhaustion. So I allowed him to ride on my head.

"I... I think so," he says cutely, raising his head slightly. It quickly flops back down, setting his hooves moving again. I faintly wince when one brushes over my scar but otherwise ignore it.

The sound of Usopp complaining reaches my ears, about ten minutes later, and I unintentionally groan. Can he not stay silent for two minutes?

"Hell, Usopp," I mutter, throwing my only half empty water flask at him. He fumbles with it, nearly succeeding in losing it to the greedy, vicious, not to mention dry, sand. Then he smiles at me like I'm some goddess and guzzles the entire thing.

I sigh, just as Zoro nudges me. I turn my head slowly, so as not to dislodge Chopper, and throw him a questioning look.

"You just wasted that water," he notes, gesturing ahead of us. Yes, I'd already spotted the skyline of what has to be Rainbase, just a few minutes before.

"I noticed," I say, shrugging carefully. "But if I had to take one more minute of whining, this desert would have been painted a very unattractive crimson."

Sanji glances over at me from his place beside Vivi, still riding that damn perverted camel. The look says it all: He thinks I'm a loon. While that may be true in it's own right, it doesn't pertain to that declaration.

At least Zoro is smirking, having caught on to the fact that I'm merely joking. Like I could ever kill Usopp. He's just so goddamn annoying sometimes.

"That's Rainbase?!"

"I really should have said something earlier," I murmur, mostly to myself.

Everyone grins at the sight of the vivacious-looking city we're approaching. Really, once we crossed the last dune they should have been able to see it, but I guess everyone is a little worn out. Foggy minds don't help one's observational skills.

"CROCODILE!!" Luffy shouts, throwing both fisted hands towards the scorching sky. "YOUR ASS IS GRASS!!"

Both Chopper, still on my head, and Usopp mimick his actions, shouting something incomprehensible. But I think it's "WAAAATTTTEEERRRR!" or something like that.

"Just shut up already," Zoro says, sounding calm despite his clear irritation.

Vivi slips down from the camel, fidgeting nervously as she continues to walk beside Sanji. I hear her murmur, "Crocodile," under her breath, sounding fearful and anxious.

I hope she can handle this.

"Oh, Usopp," Nami says, leaning down from Eyelash to address the seemingly calmed down sniper. "How's it coming? Is it done yet?"

"It?" Sanji questions.

"Yeah," Usopp responds. "I finished." He whips out a set of interconnecting blue metal rods from his satchel. At one point I called it a man purse, but he got pissed at me and began complaining even worse than before. So I shut up.

"Look! This is your new weapon, Climatact!" he says proudly, holding the rods between his fingers. As he hands them to Nami, and she begins fiddling with them, he says, "At first these look like your old ones, but hear are totally different! The attack changes depending on how you put them together."

I guess "old ones" refers to the wooden rod I saw her chucking back on the ship. I didn't think Nami could fight with that weapon, or any weapon for that matter. But it's nice to see she's taking the initiative.

Usopp and Nami go over instructions on how to use the "Climatact". I half listen, but I'm more focused on Sanji now stopped behind us, staring at the sand and giving a thumbs up.

"Hey don't give Nami dangerous weapons, Usopp!" he says animatedly, talking to no one, as he's still facing the wrong way. "Nami-san and Vivi-chan don't need to fight, cause I'll protect them! Just call me 'Prince'!"

"Prince," Zoro says seriously, while I snicker behind my hand. He smirks at me, ignoring Sanji's demand that he "Shut the hell up, dammit!"

"Hey, do you think the Baroque Works knows we're here in this country?" Zoro asks, shifting his focus to Vivi. "Probably," she says uneasily. "We met Mr. 2 and we know Mr. 3 is here, so I think we should assume they know about us."

"So what?" Luffy questions blankly.

"They know our faces, so no more random acts," Usopp tells him, sounding more than just a little disbelieving.

I've become accustomed to Luffy's thick-headedness, and I very much doubted he'd understand the threat that hangs over all our heads. But I guess it's still sinking in for the others.

"How come?!" my captain demands.

"We have no idea were the Baroque Works fighters could be hiding," Usopp explains. I've noticed he becomes quite smug when he prattles off some explanation or another to Luffy. It's slightly less than infuriating.

"There's no way we can get to Crocodile if we're caught first," he finishes.

"Their specialty is assassinations," Zoro adds thoughtfully.

"YOUR ASS IS GRASS CROCODILE!"

"DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID?!" Usopp yells, smacking our over enthusiastic captain in the back of the head. It does absolutely nothing to satiate his childish excitement.

"Are you scared Usopp?" Nami asks him, her eyes flitting to his frazzled form before resuming their watch of the bustling city of Rainbase.

"I know I'm not," Chopper pants, gently tapping the side of my head. I smile proudly up at him and scratch his tiny, furry ear.

"Shut up!"

"So are YOU scared, Swordsman?" I ask, nudging Zork slightly. He gives me a confident smirk. "Not at all," he says, resting his arm on top of his three swords.

I study them, having forgotten that he lost two in his fight with Mihawk. He must have picked these ones up on another island. Lougetown seems a likely candidate. They'd have quality swords in such a renowned port.

One seems slightly off to me though, a seemingly darker aura surrounding it. I absentmindedly reach for it, but once again, his hand flashes out and stops me.

"What's wrong with that one?" I ask, pointing to one of the black hilted, beautifully designed swords. I'm not at all fazed by Zoro's flash of temper. I've come to understand how protective he is of these swords, because he needs them to achieve his goal, his eternal promise.

He narrows his eyes, following my gaze to the black hilt. I can practically hear it humming with malice, and I'm tempted to set it alight. But that would burn Zoro too, so I see no point. Unless he pisses me off.

"It's cursed," he says simply, running his thumb over the metal guard.

"And yet you find it necessary to carry it around with you?" I question dubiously.

"It may be cursed, but my will is stronger than this sword's intent," he tells me. "It won't disobey its master."

I blink, partially in understanding, partially in awe. Because I can sense the sword's ill will retreating at Zoro's touch. I smile slightly. In my heart, I know the next time he challenges Mihawk, he'll succeed. Though it may not be for years, I'm already placing my winning bet on Zoro. He is not a man to bet against, and while I was previously correct about his impending loss, I see why everyone gave him a fighting chance.

"Point taken," I say, giving him a closed eye smile. He smiles back, and out of the corner of my eye, I catch Nami smirking at us.

Biting back the urge to scald her, I subtly roll my eyes in her direction. She sticks her tongue out, before turning back around.

That woman is going to be the death of me, I swear it.

Anyway, it takes a little while, but our bedraggled group of pirates and "royalty" finally stumbles into the bustling city if Rainbase.

It is alive with excitement and merriment, no hint of the prominent threat posed by the civil war on any of the faces we see. It's almost sickening, this place. While the rest of the desert country suffers and dies, fighting back the plagues of war and distrust, these people sit here on their fat asses and drink until well past their limit.

"How in the hell can these people get drunk while their country threatens to collapse in on itself around them?" I wonder aloud, faintly acknowledging Luffy and Usopp as they peel off in search of water.

"Did you ever think that's why they're getting drunk?"

"Zoro, being sufficiently plastered isn't going to solve any of their damn problems," I mutter.

"Helps with the stress," he says shrugging. I scowl, not in response to his comment, but in response to the strange, slightly perverted look a drunken old man shoots me as he stumbles after his inebriated companions. "Though I'll admit a clear head is best for these situation," Zoro adds, gently tugging me from the man's view.

Our group comes to a stop in a calmer, less crowded part of the gambling town, deciding to wait for the errand runners' return. I take a seat on an empty barrel, taking the fleeting chance to rest my sore feet. Combat boots are made for harsh conditions, my obviously fragile feet are not.

Zoro presses his back to my now occupied barrel, stretching out his long legs before him. The others also take up resting positions, with the exception of Chopper. On four legs, he walks off, muttering something about having to "relieve himself".

"Was it ok to let them do it?" Prince Sanji wonders, referring to Luffy and Usopp's task.

"It's a simple errand," Nami says, reclining against a wooden post used for tying up horses. Or in our case, creepy, dirty-minded camels. "They'll be fine."

"I wonder," Zoro says, throwing his hands behind his head. "You don't think they'll bring back trouble do you? Maybe we should be prepared for that."

"Your question has an obvious answer, Swordsman," I say, nudging his shoulder with my foot. He looks up at me curiously. I smile brightly and say, "It's Luffy we're talking about. When does he not stir up trouble?"

He grunts out some curse or another, and I laugh at his irritation. Really, do none of these guys get Luffy? If he managed to drag out trouble in Nanohana, it's going to be the same outcome here as well. He's a magnet for misfortune.

I tip my head back as I catch the familiar sound of pounding footsteps. "Speak of the Sea Devil," I mutter, jumping off my barrel and hauling Zoro to his feet.

"Crap! The Marines are chasing then!" Sanji shouts, staring after our captain and sniper as they barrel towards us, a whole mess of sailors on their tail.

"That's some hearing," Zoro praises, looking at me with new interest. I shrug, secretly happy at the compliment. All those years listening out for angry villagers finally pays off, I guess.

We start to hightail it out of there, when Vivi cries, "Wait, Tony isn't back yet!"

"Leave him, he'll be fine," Zoro replies, waving her forward.

"Hey guys! Marines are chasing us!" I hear Luffy shout.

"YOU LED THEM HERE!" Zoro yells back at them, a hint of a snarl in his voice. I chance a look over my shoulder at them. Well, at least they got the water.

I stick close to Zoro as we run, getting the feeling he'll end up lost otherwise. Usopp is screaming frantically ahead of us, his true colors of cowardice shining through. I can't say I blame him this time. I myself don't feel up to fighting the Marines, at least not in such a crowded space. My powers will do more harm then good, and I don't trust my talent with a sword against so many people.

So run away we shall.

I push past a disgruntled looking man, tugging at Zoro's arm to keep him from turning down a side street. I can see Vivi and the others through the crowd, and I try not to lose sight of them. If I do, I don't want to think about the consequences. I already heard Smoker's booming voice from within the throng of sailing men. He'll remember me, and I don't fancy having to fight him again. Smoke and fire were never meant to be enemies.

There's strange movement I see out of the corner of my eye, a shuffling of purposeful footsteps. Like someone who's just spotted their prey.

I'm about to point them out to Zoro, when Sanji says, "This isn't good, guys. We'll attract Baroque Works agents like this!"

"Too late," Zoro says, dangerously glinting eyes also on the men I've just spotted. Baroque Works, huh? This would be my first run in with them. But again, in a crowded place like this... the chance I'd hurt some innocent bystander is too high. I'd just surrender at that point.

"Let's go then!" Luffy shouts. "To where Crocodile is, Vivi!"

"Right," she says after a hesitant pause. She points out a rather large and impressive building about half a mile away from us. "See that building with the crocodile on the roof? That's Crocodile's casino, Rain Dinners!"

"We should split up," Sanji suggests, glancing back at the Marines, who are beginning to close the distance between us and them, no doubt urged on by Smoker's constant threats.

"Ok!" Luffy says. "We'll meet up at Croc's House!"

We all branch off into different streets, the Marines splitting up to follow us. Vivi ends up with me and Zoro; Nami, Usopp and Sanji ran off together. Last I saw of Luffy, he was trying to redirect Smoker so that he wouldn't come after us, making some obscene faces at the Captain.

But we can't shake the mixture of Marines and Baroque Works agents still on our heels.

Zoro suddenly spins around on his heels, quickly unsheathing all three of his swords to face the assault. While, they're still a few hundred yards away, I skid to a halt beside him, leaving Vivi to continue on alone.

"Go!" Zoro orders, speaking around the white hilt in his mouth, eyes as dark and fierce as I remember from the pictures. "No," I growl firmly, refusing to leave him to fend these guys off by himself. He's an amazing fighter, a brilliant Swordsman. I KNOW that! But I can't force myself to abandon him.

"Protect Vivi!" he barks, slashing at a front runner who's managed to get to us.

I clutch at my own katana desperately, wanting nothing more than to join him in the fight. He's right. Vivi needs more protection than he does. But...

"If you lose to these people, Zoro," I say lowly, glaring at him with enough intensity to see his eyes widen. "I will drag you back from death and kill you myself."

Despite everything, despite my tone, my words, and the rapidly approaching threat, he laughs. And I find that it's enough to convince me to move.

I don't look back as I chase after Vivi, knowing it will do nothing but worry me. The sound of fighting becomes the only thing I can hear, to the point where I am straining to make out the clang of Zoro's swords.

I shake off my concern as I catch up to Vivi. She looks at me, asking a silent question I don't want to answer. But I force a confident smile onto my lips. "Zoro's gonna be fine," I tell her, careful to keep any and all doubt from creeping into my reassuring voice. "He's just buying us time. And I'm here to keep you safe if anything goes wrong. Now, lead on to Crocodile!"

I wonder if she's noticed that my smile doesn't quite reach my eyes...

I guess not, as she smiles back determinedly and proceeds to guide me through the maze of interconnecting streets. After a while, every corner, every turn and alley looks the same to me. And I know if Vivi wasn't with me, I'd have gotten lost a long time ago.

Vivi turns to look at me, her mouth open in what I think is a question. But at the same moment her expression turns to that of horror, a bang rings throughout the city and a sharp, instantaneous bolt of pain shoots through my side.

I crumple to the ground, crying out in agony and anger. Dad told me about my Logia Type powers, how I don't have to worry about physical attacks, like fists or bullets. They SHOULD just pass right through me. But I haven't got a handle on my powers yet. It's why I was so disappointed when Ace left; I thought he could help. But he had to go, and now I'm forced to suffer through the pain of being shot while my friend's life hangs in the balance.

"Raya!!" Vivi drops down beside me, hands flying to the wound in my side.

"First a cannon, now a bullet," I mutter, gritting my teeth to keep from screaming. Every little movement sends the pain throughout my entire body. I can see the Baroque Works agents closing in, aiming solely for Vivi.

I roughly shove her away from me, biting the inside of my cheek so I don't howl in my increasing misery. "Move it dammit!" I growl, unsheathing and tossing her my sword. She catches it shakily. She has no idea how to use it, but it's at least some form of protection. Damn you Zoro, why didn't you just stick with us? And what the hell happened to you, you bastard?!

When Vivi doesn't move, I force myself off the ground and to my knees, fearing they'll collapse beneath me. "I'm fine!" I growl. "It's you they want, Vivi! You're the prize! So go, get out of here!"

As much as I'd like to admit to the contrary, I'm not playing heroine right now. I just know that this girl needs to get out of this place as fast as she can, because they'll kill her in an instant.

"Shit!" I curse as the unnamed agents surround us. They lash out at Vivi, one managing to catch her by the throat. And I'm useless, lying on the ground, bleeding out in the dirt. Dammit!

I wrap one hand around my gushing wound, trying to staunch the bleeding, and raise the other, weak flames curling around my fingertips. Damn, I'm either too hurt to do anything, or my concentration is shot.

I shoot Vivi a pained, apologetic look, trying my hardest to keep myself together and conscious. She looks terrified, and it's all because I couldn't do anything. Why couldn't I have mastered my damn powers by now?! Then I'd--

Shouts of surprise and pain interrupt my mad, rambling thoughts, as bullets rain down on the men, miraculously missing both Vivi and myself. The man holding Vivi falls to the ground and she drops onto her feet, sprinting over to me in a heartbeat.

And before I can really process what's going on, a huge falcon swoops down, the Gatling guns secured beneath its massive wings glinting in the sunlight, and plucks us off the ground, before depositing us on a nearby building.

In the next instant, the falcon shifts into the form of a brown haired man in elegant, warrior robes and pale makeup covering his face, a sword on his hip.

"Nice to see you again, Princess," he says kindly, sparing a concerned look in my direction.

"Pell!" she shouts, joy mingling with anxiety on her young face.

"Please wait here a moment," Pell the Falcon Man says. He transforms again into his third form, half man, half falcon. He's as large as Chopper in his equivalent form, with a wicked beak and claws. He spreads his wings and shoots down at the men still standing from his previous assault, claws flashing menacingly.

While he takes care of the enemies, Vivi turns her attention to me, taking in my crippling injury.

"I'm not as good as Doctor Chopper" she says, sniffing back her sparkling tears as she produces bandages from a punch she wears under her cloak, "but I can at least help."

The bullet is a through-and-through, no lingering fragments littering my flesh. Vivi quickly and efficiently wraps up the wound, twice. Blood still soaks through, but only the first layer of bandages. The pain, though, is so intense I'm on the verge of passing out.

"Why do you" --I hiss as I shift my weight, burning agony shooting through my entire system of nerves-- "know how to patch up a commoner?"

Vivi smiles, wiping my blood off on her cloak. "You'd be surprised what you pick up in a royal palace," she says.

She returns my sword to me, which she must have picked up before being flown up here, and helps me sheath it. It feels comforting to have this sword at my hip, like it always should be.

"I see why the Straw Hats worried so much about you," she says, her grin softening. "You are a wonderful friend, Raya."

I smile sheepishly at her, fighting back the pain to appear composed. I think I fail miserably, but it can't be helped.

"What a touching moment. I'm almost sad I have to ruin it."

Vivi and I snap our heads around to stare at a tall woman in a revealing purple corset and skirt, and an unflattering purple cowboy hat. Her black hair is cut short, only reaching slightly chin. Her surprisingly beautiful smile is anything but reassuring.

My foggy mind is only wondering how she got up here.

"Miss All Sunday!" Vivi gasps sharply, stumbling back and away from the intimidating older woman.

Miss All Sunday casually strolls over to the edge of the roof, still smiling as she surveys the damage caused by Pell. "How magnificent," she says. "I've never seen a human that could fly."

Vivi cowers beside me, shaking as though cold. I force myself into a sitting position, wincing as I feel more blood soak my slowly drowning bandages. I glare at the woman, unafraid, either because of naivety or the stupidity one obtains from severe blood loss.

"But I wonder," she goes on, as though she's perfectly fine with me burning a hole in the back of her skull. "Are you stronger than me?"

All this receives as an answer is a murderous glare from Pell. She sighs and once again takes in the casualties, curtesy of the Falcon Man Vivi apparently trusts explicitly.

"Now I can't use them anymore," she sighs, shaking her head in a carefree manner. "My precious employees."

Slowly tilting back her head in the most annoying fashion I've ever come across in my seventeen years, she smiles coolly at Pell.

"If you don't mind," she goes on. "I'd like to take the Princess back to our mansion and introduce her to my friends."

"Like hell," I snarl, any and all pretenses of mercy vanishing from my mind. Miss All Sunday looks back at me, faintly amused by my antics.

"Cut the crap already," Pell demands, still among his own wreckage. "That's out of the question."

Before I can stop her, Vivi launches an attack at Miss All Sunday, using a strange, peacock-themed weapon I've never seen before. "Stop screwing around!" she shouts.

Without even turning to look, the older woman throws out a hand and catches Vivi's wrist, halting the Princess' attack.

"My, what an unladylike thing to do for a princess," she says, in the manner of someone gently scolding a kitten.

It only serves to infuriate Vivi further.

"How dare you do that to Igaram!" she huffs, her voice hoarse with her anger. Igaram was her partner in this deception she laid out for Baroque Works. I was informed by Vivi that he was killed in an attempt to lead the organization away from Vivi.

"...Igaram....? Oh, Mr. 8..." Miss All Sunday replies, in her now characteristically bored tone.

"You did something to Igaram?" Pell questions darkly. I can barely see him from where I'm crouching on the roof, but his voice is clear enough, and it sends a shiver down my spine.

"What are you so angry about?" Miss All Sunday asks, jerking Vivi to the side and pulling back her hand, poised to strike. "How is is any different from what you did to my employees?"

I struggle to do something, anything! But my side screams in protest, ad I can do no more than collapse pitifully to my hands and knees.

"What a joke..." Miss All Sunday shoots her hand forward, seeming to cut through Vivi's chest cleanly, her hand and wrist protruding from her back.

Vivi let's out an astonished gasp, while Pell screams desperately, "VIVI-SAMA!!!!"

And I, I am strangely calm, watching the whole scene through analytical eyes. It doesn't make sense. Where's the blood, the gore? And how could someone meet such little resistance passing through a bone as hard as the sternum?

"Cheap... trick..." I pant, narrowing my eyes dangerously at the woman. She smirks at me.

"Oh my, aren't you the perceptive one?" she says. I'm expecting a mocking tone, and even though I find one, it feels wrong. Like she doesn't mean it in the least.

She casts a stunned Vivi aside, laughing as Pell screams out curses in a blind rage. I try to call out to him, to tell him Vivi's unharmed, but a hand hooks around my neck and clamps over my mouth. But there's no one else on the roof, I'm sure!

Another smirk from Miss All Sunday. She's enjoying the stupefied expression filling my entire face.

As Pell rockets up to meet her head on, she crosses her hands in front of her face and says, "Tres Fleur!"

I watch on in stupid shock as three arms sprout from Pell's body, two from the back, one from the stomach. He seems as mystified as I am as the arms lock his wings together and take hold of his sword, keeping it out reach.

Miss All Sunday grins softly as Pell crashes into the roof, narrowly missing her in his frantic landing.

"Pell!" Vivi and I both shout, the hand having vanished from my mouth.

Returned to his human form, Pell pants, "Are... are you unharmed, Vivi-sama?!"

Miss All Sunday laughs easily. "Heeheehee, did it looked like I killed her?"

"What the hell did you do?!" Pell demands, pushing himself up.

"No need to get angry," she laughs. "I'm just having a little fun." She bends her arm so that it passes in front of her chest, as two partial arms sprout like weeds from her elbow, creating a sort of fan effect.

"I ate the Flower Flower Fruit," she continues. "I can make various parts of my body grow, like flowers. That is my power."

Despite her role in all Vivi's pain and misery and torment, I find myself thinking she has an awesome power. It's such a subtle way to attack and defend. It catches you so off guard, you don't have a chance to fight back.

Flames flicker around my hands and I gaze at them almost disapprovingly. My power is one of destruction and fear, and though I love it, there is a fine line between beauty and monstrous.

"As long as my body is willing to grow anywhere, you will never escape me," she says, putting on an entrancing show with her arms, forming a sort of pinwheel with her left arm.

"E-escape?" Pell growls, something I don't think a bird man should be able to do. "Ridiculous! I'm going to avenge Igaram right here!!"

"Really? I'm sorry then," she says, closing her eyes in a offhand smile as Pell gets to his feet. "I'd love to stay and play with you some more but I just don't have the time."

Pell rushes forward, murderous intent rolling off him in thick, suffocating waves, washing over me with sudden chills. "DON'T WORRY! YOU WON'T NEED ANY!!"

Unfazed, Miss All Sunday continues to smile. "I don't think you understand. Seis Fleur!"

Arms catch both Pell's ankles and his arms, effectively disarming and trapping him. Two others wrap around his neck, clutching his chin and forcing his head back.

"'Power'." Miss All Sunday appears in front of him, a hand on his neck. "'Speed', they mean nothing to me." She pulls away, performing the same gesture as before and crossing her hands in front of her.

"Clutch."

The hands jerk Pell's head back, wrenching his neck in such a way as to break it. He cries out, a blood curdling scream.

She releases his hold on him, and he collapses to the ground, unmoving. "So much for 'The Strongest Warrior in the Kingdom'," she muses, walking back towards Vivi and I.

"PELL!!" she screams, at the same time I shout, "NO! YOU DEMON!"

Miss All Sunday brushes off my comment. Her smile has not left her lips since I first saw her, and the effect is having me totally unnerved. She.... without a second thought or remorse.... killed a man who was meant to be the strongest person in this whole damn country.

"Now, shall we go?" she asks somewhat politely, continuing to moves towards us. "The boss is waiting for you, along with all your friends... at Rain Dinners... in a cage."

She laughs softly at our identical horrified expressions, seeming to take joy in our struggle for composure. Just who is this woman, and what is she truly capable of?

The thought terrifies more than any other I could dream of at this moment.

She is more dangerous than anyone I've ever met.

She's going to kill me and my nakama.

Well, she might not have to worry about me, seeing as how my wound is still gushing blood and I feel faint.

One word describes this situation: Shit.