A Problem of Epic Proportions (According to Raya)

Hiya there! Well, before we begin, I just wanted to ask you guys something. I know a lot of anime couples get couple names before they even start dating (i.e. NaruHina, ShikaTema) So I was thinking... what could Zoro and Raya's name be? All I've got so far is like Zaya and Roro. They sound kinda lame, so if anyone wants to offer a name, and I like it, I'll put in the story! Ok, that's it. Now let's return you to you're regularly scheduled fanfic fix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay back on my bed, feeling much more comfortable in the clothing a palace servent went out and bought me. I offered to go instead, but they insisted. Something to do with my keeping Vivi safe during our grand adventure. Truthfully, I didn't do that good a job in protecting her, but before I could say anything, the servent had already dashed out of the room. Nonetheless, I was grateful when they came back about a half hour ago with a pair of black jeans, that I sadly have to break in, and a red tank.

My boots were saved during the cleaning process, so they're securely on my feet again. And my bandana, thank Kami, hadn't been stained with that much blood. Some bleach was applied, and now it's whiter than ever. I have it around my neck for the time being, because it feels like old times.

I breath deeply as my crew mates settle down around the infirmary, relaxing for the first time in who knows how long.

I slowly tune back into the conversation, sheepishly realizing they've been talking for at least five minutes.

"Tonight?" Usopp asks.

"Yes," Zoro replies, from where he stands at the foot of my bed. I sit, my attention immediately grabbed, and scurry over to the edge of the bed to sit beside him. Chopper hops down from his own bed and sits in my lap. I smile, and he happily returns the gesture.

"I think this is the right time to go," Zoro goes on. "What do you think?"

"Oh yeah," Sanji agrees, sitting on the couch pushed against the wall. "The Marines have started moving too."

"Luffy, it's up to you," Usopp says, nodding at our captain. They're both sitting on Luffy's bed, though I notice they don't sit very close. That rules out Luffy being gay, I suppose. Oh wait. I already decided he wasn't gay. Ugh. This is the aftereffects of consuming so much alcohol. Random-ass thoughts.

"Right!" my captain says seriously. "We should have another Alabastan meal before we go!"

"We have to go now, idiot!" Nami shouts, knocking him over the head with her surprisingly powerful fist. Before anymore fighting can erupt, a servent enters the room, announcing we have a snail call.

"Snail call?" I ask, lifting an eyebrow. "Who would be calling us?"

"It's someone called Lil Bon Bon," the servent says, coughing over the words. I feel his pain. That has to be the most self-deprecating name I've encountered in all my seventeen years.

"Lil Bon Bon? Who's that?" Luffy asks, looking to Usopp for answers. "How should I know?!" he demands incredulously.

"But he says he is your friend," the servent says. Usopp, ignoring Luffy's laughing and pointing, says, "Forget it. Just listen to him."

"Better not," Zoro advises. "It might be a trap."

"Good point," I say, frowning. "I mean, who really would call a bunch of pirates? And no one's supposed to know we're here anyway, so--"

Too late. Sani picks up the receiver and instantly, an obnoxiously familiar voice comes through from the other end. "Hey?! Hey?! Gyahahahahaha! It's me! Okama!"

"Oh dear God no!" I squeak, bolting to my knees and peeking out at the Den-Den Mushi from over Zoro's shoulder. I hear him chuckle and fight the urge to smack the back of his head.

Sanji simply hangs up with an uneasy, slightly sick expression on his face. The servent places the snail on Luffy's bed and leaves us to our torture, just as the Den-Den Mushi rings again.

"What's with you?!" Sanji roars at the snail, frightening the poor thing. It's not the snail's fault that that freaky okama guy is bothering us.

Luffy picks up the call, much to my dismay. "Hey! You're that okama! What do you want from us?!" he demands with his now signature child-like intensity.

"Wha? Isn't this Straw Hat Luffy's voice? You're still alive? Okama is so happy!"

"Dear God," I mutter into Zoro's shoulder. "What did we do to deserve this?" He snickers again, but I do my best to ignore him. He wasn't the one who got chased by a manerina! (That's my new term for a male ballerina)

"Don't call me Mr. 2," the okama advises. "The Marines might have tapped the phone. I might get into trouble!"

"You just said it yourself," Chopper, points out, sweatdropping.

"Get straight to the point," Zoro says.

"Oh yeah! You're boat! I took it away!"

"DON'T JOKE AROUND!!" we all shout, most likely waking any and all sleeping persons in the palace. I feel slightly bad about that, but what the hell. We're leaving soon.

"You gay bastard!" Sanji snaps. "Pulling such a joke! Where are you now?!"

"Aboard your ship of course."

"The sad thing is," I say lowly, rolling my eyes, "is that I don't think he's trying to be a smartass. I think he's just that idiotic."

"This okama really pisses me off!" Luffy says, getting ready to hang up the phone. And as if he can read Luffy's intentions from the other end of the line, Mr. 2 turns a bit frantic.

"Wait! Listen to me... listen to me first. Aren't we... friends?"

And now I'm positive he's got Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper hooked. I was never this man's friend, and the idea actually makes me physically sick to my stomach. But the others seem content enough, if not a little hesitant. Luffy continues with the conversation, which I tune out for medical reasons, then hangs up the Den-Den Mushi. The little spotted snail goes to sleep, finished with its duty.

"That okama is at the upstream of the Sandora river," Luffy says, pushing the snail away. "Can we trust him?" Sanji asks, voicing my thoughts verbatim.

"We're friends," Luffy says simply, with such finality I want to laugh.

"You have a problem," Zoro says, sweat dropping. I nod my head in silent agreement, still glancing at everyone from behind him. I'm not sure why I haven't moved. I honestly don't think I'm entirely sober. Maybe I should get someone to slap me again. No, no, then they'll just think I'm weird.

"But, we just have to look first," Chopper says, going back to Sanji's original question. The cook stands as the rest of us begin to gather our things. "That's right," he says. "Our ship's with him now. If this is his trick, we just have to kill him."

"It's decided then," Zoro says, slipping on his black boots. "Let's pack up!"

"Everyone..."

I turn to look at Vivi, now sitting alone on the couch, hands pressed to her knees and head bowed in defeat. "Vivi?" I ask, concerned for my friend.

"Please tell me... What should I do?"

Nami takes charge, a confident grin on her face. "Vivi!" she says with authority she probably shouldn't have. "Listen up! We'll give you 12 hours. When we get our ship back at the Sandora River, then at midday tomorrow exactly, we'll pass the east coast! I'm afraid that we can't stop there, but forget it. If you'd like to come travel with us again, that's the only time you can come aboard. When it's time, we'll welcome you, but it's a pirate adventure."

"Because you're a princess, we can only do it that way," I add, slipping off the bed to gather my things, which basically consist of some clothes I had bought for me, and Honoo. Luffy jumps up and down with excitement and anticipation. "You've got to come Vivi! You've got to!" he cheers.

"Luffy! Don't be like that!" Nami snaps.

"Ok, let's go," Zoro says, leading the way out the door.

Our arguing continues as we pass through the doorway. "What?!" Luffy exclaims. "You don't expect her to come?!"

"Of course not!" Nami says hotly. "It's her decision!"

I wait a moment for the others to continue, then drop back and take a seat beside Vivi on the couch. She looks at me expectantly, and I smile. "Vivi," I say. "I wasn't there when the Straw Hats first met you. I didn't share in your adventures. In a way, you're more of a Straw Hat than I am, considering this is the first major thing I've done with them."

She starts to protest, but I cut her off with a gentle shake of my head. "It doesn't bother me," I insist, "because I had my own adventures while I was away. But what I'm trying to say is, forever and always, no matter what you decide, you are a Straw Hat. Our friendship, even mine, despite it being so short-lived, won't fade. Even if it's years before we see each other again. So don't feel pressured in either direction. Just do what you know to be right in your heart." I smile again, softly and encouragingly. "Now I've got to go. Just think about what I said, ok?" I lean in and give her a warm hug, then quickly disentangle myself and slip out the door.

I want her to join as much as the rest of my crew, but like Nami said, it's her decision, not ours. We can't try to persuade her. It wouldn't be fair to any of us. And I'm sure the Straw Hats will respect whatever choice she makes.

I meet Zoro in the hall. He must have waited for me. I offer him a wavering smile and he lifts a brow in a silent question. I shake my head and gesture down the hallway, asking if he wants to catch up. He hesitates for a moment, then nods, and we chase after the others.

"I love this!" I shout, throwing my hands up in the wind that's threatening to knock me back into the sand. The Super Spot-Billed Duck Squad was waiting for us outside. I guess Vivi arranged them to be there for us. We quickly loaded up and gear and disembarked, racing for the Sandora River. I got the privilege of riding the duck I admired the last time we met, though Chopper has to sit in front of me because we're one too many for the ducks to carry.

Chopper looks back at me with a smile, and when my duck quacks, he translates for me. "'You're an interesting kid, kid,'" he says. The duck throws me a sly grin over his, er, shoulder. "'Definitely different from the rest of your posse.'"

"We're a posse?" I ask, and Chopper just shrugs in response, receiving no further communication from the duck.

"Hm... This is comfortable," Zoro comments some time later. He's at the other end of the duck parade. In order, starting with me and Chopper, we have, well, me and Chopper, Sanji, Luffy, Nami, Usopp, and then Zoro.

"We're going to say goodbye to the sand Kingdom. I won't forget this battle," Usopp sobs. Then he turns to Luffy, who's currently stuffing his face with meat he's keeping either in his pockets, or in a pouch I can't see. "Hey! Luffy!" he calls. "When are you going to finish eating?"

"The food from Alabasta is great," he replies. "Sanji! Next time, cook like them!"

"I planned to," Sanji says from his place beside us. "That's why I asked Terracota for some recipes. And some spices."

Turning away from the engaging conversation, Chopper taps my arm, then points to Nami. I squint to make out her expression; damn sand is getting in my eyes again. But.... from what I can see... she looks.... really upset?

"Nami?" Chopper asks, his voice going even higher in concern. "Are you feeling unwell?" She doesn't respond, and Luffy does the unthinkable. "Nami!" he mumbles around the... chicken? Whatever. Around the meat leg he's currently biting into. "I'll you one of my meats! But just one, ok?"

"Nami, you're thinking about Vivi?" Sanji guesses. "I understand your feelings... but however worried you are it's still useless. Get your spirit up. Vivi wouldn't want to see you troubled."

"I... I thought about it," she says quietly, head slowly rising. "For Vivi, I forgot about it... That ten billion."

While everyone else freaks out and screeches, including a very comical display from Zoro as he shouts "You are really a naturally money loving witch!" I turn to Chopper who's refrained from joining in the shout-fest. "What is she talking about?" I ask, feeling very out of the loop. He tips his head back to look me in the eye, understanding dawning in his eyes. "I wasn't there for it either," he says with a sympathetic smile. "But Zoro told me that Nami offered to help save Alabasta if Vivi gave her ten billion berries."

"That's... kinda sick," I said, wrinkling my nose just at the thought. Chopper nods. And then we're both thrust back into the conversation when someone--Sanji, I think--shouts, "Argh! Usopp fell off!" I urge our duck to circle back and pick Usopp up, before racing back to the others and despositing him on his respective duck. I chuckle quietly to myself, finding the whole situation to be seriously hilarious.

"Why did you make you make me wait so long?!" the irriating okama demands. "Long time no see! You all are thinking about me?"

"Thinking of ways to kill you," I growl under my breath as I wave goodbye to the duck that carried me all the way here. The others also say their goodbyes and thankyou-s.

"Give my regards to the King and the curly haired dude!" Luffy shouts, waving both arms in the air as a fairwell to the Duck Squad. "Igaram," I correct. He just smiles and says, "Yeah, the curly haired dude." I sigh and start for the ship as Luffy calls out one last, "TAKE CARE!"

"Goodbye....!" Mr. 2 Bon Clay, as someone else called him sometime ago, sobs, waving after the fast-disappearing ducks. I brush past him on my way up the ladder and send him a menacing glare. Which he ignores. "If we're destined to, we'll meet again!"

"Idiot," I mutter, dropping my pack by the mast. "You didn't even know them."

Almost as if he heard me, he stomps the railing, which he's standing on, in frustration. Repeatedly. "No, that's not right! Wait a second!"

"What the hell?" I hear Sanji mutter from down in the sand.

Bon Clay whirls around suddenly and looks at me, pursing his lips in a very unnattractive fashion. "What's this?!" he asks shrilly, kinda like Usopp when he's scared. "Old friends meeting and you don't say hi?"

"I'm not your friend," I growl, whipping out Honoo and pointing it at his throat. "You tried to kill me you bastard!"

He holds his ground, pouting like a child and throwing his fists on his hips. I let flames lick along the edges of Honoo's blade, and the fire just barely grazes his throat. And yet, all he does is flinch back slightly.

"That time was my mistake!" he insists. Zoro orders him to moves as he comes up the ladder, arms laden with several boxes of our things. Either food, or Nami's purchases. I can't be sure. "Hmph," he says, sitting down on the railing with his legs dangling over the side, effectively turning away from my blade. "Forget it. That's all in the past. Le'ts forget about it! Baroque Works is disbanded. We all are not your enemy anymore."

"Seriously?" I question dubiously, my anger sparking my Devil Fruit power. Small tongues of flames fly from my fingertips, nearly scorching the all-wood deck. "You tried to kill me. Am I just supposed to forgive you?!"

"Yes," is his simple reply.

"Just calm down, Raya," Zoro instructs, gently tugging Honoo from my grip. He sheathes the sword for me and places a comforting hand on my shoulder. So unlike Zoro, it's not even funny. "He's not worth it."

"Even if you're not an enemy," Luffy calls up, "I don't have to let you onboard."

"Huh! And that's what I get for a doing you all a favor!" Bon Clay says flippantly.

"What are you talking about?!" Luffy demands, sounding once again like a ten year old. Well, actually I used to describe him as an eight year old, so this is a step up in my book!

"Think about it!" Bon Clay says, pointing down at Luffy's head. Ha, like that's going to do any good. "If I didn't move this ship away, what would have happened to it?"

"Probably would have gotten confiscated by the Marines," Nami answers easily. I can see her when I step up to the railing; she's finishing gathering up the last of her stuff.

"No probably!" he shouts back. "Certainly! It nearly got taken away! You know what's the condition around here? It's totally covered by the Marines understand? Even a goose will have trouble escaping..."

"What's poultry have to do with escaping?" I ask, leaning back agains the mast. Again, I'm ignored. This is becoming a regular occurrence, and it's starting to piss me off.

"So you... took the Going Merry so the Marines wouldn't get it?" Luffy asks, clearly in awe.

"Really?!" Usopp adds.

"Why?!" Chopper asks, as surprised as the rest of the buffoons. But I love them all, despite their major shortcoming, so I can deal with their stupidity. Bon Clay's? Not so much.

"Because," he stars, giving a wicked thumbs up, with tears trailing down his cheeks in thin, white lines. "We are.... friends, aren't we?"

Luffy, Chopper and Usopp scramble up to the Going Merry with the last of our supplies, and then begin doing the... can-can... with Bon Clay. "You're a good guy after all!" Luffy cheers. "No joke! We're all really good friends!" Bon Clay adds.

I shake my head, slightly in disgust, but mostly in amusement, and turn back to the mostly sane members of the Straw Hats.

"Is there anymore luggage?" Nami asks Sanji as he passes by with a bag slung over her shoulder and boxes under the opposite arm. He shakes his head with a smile. "No, this is the last of it," he replies.

Zoro looks over at the dancing idiots. "So in short," he says, causing them to stop in their merriment, "it's because of the Marines that you aren't able to get away... That's why you came for help, right?"

Bon Clay has a mini heart attack, clutching at his heart and going straight and stiff as a board. Then he throws his hands skywards, majorly overdramatic tears cascading down his painted face. "That's right!!" he cries. "This is the time when enemies should get together to bust out of this situation!!"

The idiot trio throws a fist each into the air, backing up Bon Clay with an indecipherable yell. Well, alright, Chopper isn't an idiot. As previously stated, he's naive, and easily falls into the shadows of Usopp and Luffy. Both are very bad role models in terms of maturity. And sanity.

"Really," Nami says, shaking her head and sweat dropping.

As we've already "shoved off" and are travelling down the river, I'm not that surprised when another ship, with a swan figurehead no less, appears behind us. The crew shouts out, "Thank you for the offer!!"

"Who cares about you all?!" Zoro shouts back angrily. I pat his shoulder, shaking my head. "Not worth it," I remind him, and after a moment, he smirks at me.

We sail silently down the Sandora, haunted by okama-following freaks...