Chapter Three: Hunter

Hunter slammed the hammer down onto the hot steel of the Maruyama sword for the last time. She looked it over aware of Jeric Silver watching from thirty feet away. He had shown up at three thirty as she was getting the forge heated up. He had started next to her watching the process as any curious person would, but as the forge grew hotter, the farther he moved away. She examined the hot blade and saw no flaws. The final cooling would be the true test. She dropped the sword into the water and looked to Jeric who was sitting on a chair watching her. 'This is the last cool down. If it does not crack, warp, or break again, I did it right.'

'How long until we know?' he asked standing and tried to peer around her to see the tub.

'About ten minutes for it to reach room temperature. Then I can check the blade for flaws.' She replied before looking back at the tub. The heat of the forge felt good on her face. The only thing that bothered her was the welding goggles. They protected her eyes from damage, but they were uncomfortable. She set her hammer down and stretched her arms out above her head. She had worked for a solid ten hours nonstop and was feeling it deep into her core. It had been a long time since she had put so much into a sword. Even the with the Hondo she had stopped for breaks and sleep.

Something slammed into the back of her head knocking her to her knees and blacking out her vision. Strong hands grabbed her under her arms and dragged her from the heat of the forge. The hands that had her dropped her onto the hard stone floor. She had no time to figure out what was happening when someone tore the welding goggles from her eyes. The flash of light blinded her for a moment and she had to raise her arm to block the light. What was going on, did something fall from the ceiling and hit her? Was Jeric the one who had dragged her back from the fire? Her eyes started adjust to the light and she squinted to see what was happening. What she saw turned her stomach. Jeric standing over her shirtless and unfastening his pants.

'I have fantasized about you since I found you here two days ago working at this forge.' Her eyes narrowed in anger. If this sick son of a bitch thought he had an easy target, he was dead wrong.

Hunter kicked out hard hitting him right on the side of the knee. It made a satisfying pop as the leg gave out. He screamed in pain falling to his side. Hunter stood too fast and regretted it as her vision darkened and the world spun out of control. She fell to her knees fighting the urge to vomit. 'That son of a bitch must have cracked my skull.' She thought in silence, as she stayed as still as possible. Once the earth stopped spinning, she tried to stand again. This time she moved with caution and made it to her feet. Her whole body felt shaky and hollow letting her know something was wrong with her.

Powerful hands grabbed her and threw her to the floor. Hunter struck out, but her fist hit nothing but air. Jeric forced her onto her stomach and wrenched her arm behind her back to keep her still. She almost cried out at the pain in her shoulder from the pressure of his arm hold.

'I should have known it would not be that easy.' He chuckled reaching around her to open her jeans. She struggled the best she could but his grip was like steel. With no help from her and herculean effort he got her pants and underwear down around her ankles.

Hunter cursed furious as his weight settled on her. She had hoped he would loosen his grip so she could slip free but it was useless. She cried out between clenched teeth as she felt him force himself into her.

'Fuck,' he hissed 'you are tight.' He withdrew and pressed back in. She lay her pounding head to the floor swearing she would destroy this man, if it were the last thing she did. 'Oh yes,' he moaned 'You and I will become good friends. I can tell. I think you will like my island safe house a great deal.' Hunter tried to focus on anything, but the man on top of her. She needed to get loose. If she could just get her arm free, she would show this bastard a good time with her fist. She just had to get free. 'I wonder if your ass is as sweet?' She jerked panicked and tried to get loose. Jeric's grip tightened and he removed himself from her.