Chapter Forty-Seven: Jeric

Jeric sat in his office going over his last statement. He had sold everything he owned down to his last slave to Flynn. He had more than enough money to retire on and live like a king for the rest of his life. Now he just needed his queen. He had gone through one lover after another trying to find the right woman to have by his side, but he ended up breaking them in less than a month.

Jeric knew none would ever be as amazing as Hunter was. He sighed leaning back in his chair and looked to the TV on the wall. Hunter's room had been empty for over a year now. His last plan to get her had been a horrible fuck up. He had never expected to kidnap her in the stolen plane. He thought for sure the organization would meet him at the Kato airfield and arrest him like planned. Who knew Hunter was some kind of samurai royalty and had command of an army of ninjas? The plan was to escape from the base cells, free William, and grab Hunter, then come home. The camera view of the cells had been too bad to let him know that the cell doors required a handprint to open. He could not escape. Were it not for the rashness of that ass Tray Covington, he and William never would have escaped.

He flinched when the door to the room opened and Ty walked in. He was carrying a bunch of bags. Hunter followed him in pushing a double stroller.

'How the hell did we get so much stuff?' she asked unloading a bunch of bags from her arms. 'We left with one bag each.'

'Didn't you hear?' Ty began as he dropped his armload. 'When twins are born, they multiply your items by hundreds.' He leaned down and buried his head in the stroller. Loud giggles erupted from within. Hunter chuckled shaking her head. She grabbed two baby gates from the mess of bags and luggage and put one up at the door, than at the door to the forge.

'Ok, set them free.' She said putting the swords on the bottom of the display rack up out of reach. 'We have to rearrange this room and make it baby proof.' Ty nodded his agreement as he lifted a big boy out of the stroller and set him down. He was stout and tall for a one year old. He babbled something in Japanese.

'English.' Ty said. 'Remember. We speak English here Hiro.'

'Cup daddy.' The boy said as Ty lifted a tall little girl from the stroller. He set her down and went into the kitchen.

'Momma cup.' Hiro demanded. Hunter just looked at him unsmiling. 'Please?' she smiled.

'Yes. Your daddy is getting it Hiro. Just wait.' She told him.

'Momma.' The little girl said pointing at the sword on the top of the display rack.

'Oh no my little Katara. You are way too young to be sword fighting just yet.' She giggled picking the girl up and sitting on the chair. The girl lay her head to her mother's chest and closed her eyes. Hunter hummed a soft tune and rubbed the girls back. Ty came out of the kitchen.

'Water for now little man.' Ty said handing the boy a bottle. 'We need supplies.' Hunter looked to him.

'We have it. Joe said he would have our kitchen stocked before we got home.' She told him. Ty shook his head.

'Kitchen is bare. I just looked.' She nodded

'He must have gotten busy and forgotten.' She said with a shrug 'I will go out later and get what we need.'

'No you won't.' Joe said stepping over the baby gate. His arms full of plastic bags. Sam and three others followed with more stuff. 'Sorry we are late. Traffic held us up. The town is a zoo right now.' Ty helped them with the bags. Sam picked up Hiro and tickled to boy making him roar in laughter.

'That's right,' Hunter warned with a smile. 'Get him riled up, your baby sitting tonight.' Sam grinned.

'My pleasure. I missed these little ones.' He said before giving Katara a kiss on the forehead. She giggled scrubbing her face.

'Itchy!' she said pointing to Sam's full beard.

'Everyone's a critic.' Sam said rolling his eyes. He looked to Hunter with a smile. 'I know you were joking, but I will be happy to take them tonight. You guys have some work to do in here.' He motioned to the workbench. Hunter nodded.

'Thanks Sam. We need to move my workbench and weapons into the spare room.' She said with a frown.

'Why not the forge? Sam asked sitting down

'The heat is not good for those tools.' She told him. 'Ty and I were talking. There isn't enough room in this apartment for two growing kids and all of the tools. Are any of the agent houses open topside?' Sam frowned in thought.

'There are a couple, but they are as small as this apartment.' He was quiet for a moment. 'There is that huge field right behind the base. There is miles on top of miles of wild woods behind it and it is in the base's perimeter. If you build a house there, you would be as safe as if you were in here. No one could approach the house without us knowing.'

'Are you two talking about that field topside?' Joe asked entering with Ty.

'Yeah.' Sam replied. 'I was just saying if they build their own place there, it is as well protected as the base.' Joe nodded his agreement.

'And we can get Taki to perform some of his shinobi guard magic.' Ty said. 'Between base security and him, no one could get near it without risking life and limb.' Hunter nodded her agreement.

'Do you need help finding a contractor?' Joe asked them and Hunter grinned.

'Nope. I'll ask my dad.' She said 'It will give them an excuse to come visit.' Joe smiled and nodded.

Jeric frowned confused. He thought Hunter's father was dead. He shook his head and looked to the two kids. Jeric did not like kids himself, but he had to admit, the two were cute. The boy was fearless like his parents as he tried to wrestle Sam to the ground. The girl watched her lavender eyes full of intelligence and she looked just like her mother. Jeric shook his head.

It was pointless, he would never find another as amazing as Hunter. He needed to get her back. He picked up his phone and died a number.

'This is Jeric. I need a favor.'