Chapter Twenty-Four: Ty

Ty coughed hard spitting up blood. The blood in his mouth and the pain in his side told him he had at least one broken rib. The small cell the guards crammed the whole squad into smelled of old urine and death. He closed his eyes not wanting to believe they had all been captured. Even poor Hong who had not even been near the base.

Joe's intelligence was better than this, but there had been no warning about the advanced security system or traps that had led to their capture. The Captain lay unconscious on the ground with a welt on his forehead. The others were just as torn up as Ty. There one hope was that Hunter was still out there free and untouched.

Two men step before the cell. One dressed in a brown uniform and holding an m16. The other in a suit smoking a thick cigar.

'So.' The man in the suit said. 'The organization sent their people to shut me down did they?' The man who had to be Lars snarled. 'Well. Let us see what they think when I send them what is left of their people in boxes.' Another man in a brown uniform entered.

'Sir,' he started with a frown. 'Section two went silent. When we went to check on them, and we found them all dead. There is still a team out there.' Ty fought against a smile. Hunter was here. She would get them out. Lars scowled and went to yell, but his face slackened and gained an odd expression as his mouth flopped open and closed like a fish.

'Sir?' the guard asked concerned. A red line appeared on Lars neck, and then his head tipped to the side and fell to the floor. The men's eyes went wide, but before they could even react, a black blur moved in and they fell to the floor dead. Hunter wiped Justice on Lar's suit and looked to Ty.

'Okay?' she asked worried looking the group over.

'We are now.' Hong said relieved. Ty nodded his agreement. Hunter found the key to the cell and handed it to Ty.

'Don't open your cell yet.' She told him. 'I will cause a distraction and clear a path for you. There is no way you will be able to fight like this.' He nodded and saw the apprehension in her eyes.

'Don't worry love.' He soothed. 'Just a few broken ribs I think.' She kissed him through the bars.

'I will make them hurt.' she swore looking him in the eye as she said it. Ty smiled knowing she meant it. Hunter gave them the dead man's guns and the group hid them. She had Ty fire three shots into the neighboring cell. When the guards rushed in Hunter ran. The guards checked the dead then the cell doors before running off after Hunter. They waited for the gunfire and screaming to start before opening the cell. Ty hoisted the Caption over his shoulder wincing at the pain in his side.

As they made their way out, they found sliced corpses everywhere. One man's body had been cut in two just under the navel. His upper half was crawling away from his lower body as he screamed in Russian. Ty tried not to look. These men were going to torcher them to death and deserved everything they got. The thought did not make the sight any less stomach turning. They made it out of the camp with no trouble and into the woods.

'Hunter we are clear.' Jumper said in his headset.

'Alright. I am on my way.' She answered. Five minutes later, she was at their side covered in blood and Justice was dripping with unidentifiable gore.

'Man,' Lambert said shaking his head. 'Remind me never to piss you off.' Hunter frowned.

'Joe is pissed.' She told them 'Nothing you guys met was in the report. He thinks we may have a spy in the system and Lars found out somehow we were hitting him and took steps. He is on the plane trying to figure out what happened.' They nodded 'How is the Cap?'

'He took a bad blow to the head.' Lambert said. 'A fractured skull at the most and a concussion at the least.' Hunter winced in sympathy. 'He will be alright. You know how the Cap is. The second he wakes up, I guarantee he will scream to go back to dish out a little vengeance.' she nodded smiling. They made it to the checkpoint and a truck took them to the plane.

There was a second larger plane next to theirs and they saw a bunch of medic's and equipment waiting for them. Ty eased the Captain onto a waiting stretcher. He stumbled as his vision blurred. Were it not for Hunter and the medic who had been standing by, he was sure he would have fallen on his face. He stood still for a moment with his eyes closed. His head was pounding in tune with his heartbeat and it was growing harder to breath.

'Come on Ty. Hunter said giving his arm a light squeeze where she held him. He opened his eyes and looked to her. Her eyes were full of worry. He could not help but to smile. He loved this woman so much and just the sight of her made him feel better. She led him to another medic and helped him lay down. His side was killing him, but he did not want to stop looking at Hunter. Back in that cell, he had been afraid he would never see her again, even if he did not want to admit it to himself. She smiled down to him and his heart filled with warmth. Hunter brushed her lips to his.

'Rest.' She whispered stroking his head. 'We will be home before you know it.' He nodded and his eyes felt heavy. Before he knew it, sleep overtook him.