Chapter Thirty-Seven: Hunter

Hunter woke dazed laying on her side. Her hands were bound behind her back by her wrist and elbows. Her legs were bound at her ankles and knees making it impossible to move. She scowled groaning, then opened her eyes and looked around.

She recognized the back room of the organization plane. She was laying on the bed. To her surprise, Jeric sat in the chair next to her watching her as he sipped a glass of what looked like wine. He frowned when she burst into laughter. She could not help herself.

'Well,' she heard Jeric say confused. 'You are taking your capture better than I thought you would.' Hunter curled up wishing she could clutch her stomach and she continued to laugh. 'Are you laughing at me, or have I broken your mind?' She could not answer and could not catch her breath. 'Let's find out.'

Jeric punched Hunter hard in the ribs taking her breath from her. She gasped and choked on the air for a moment before she caught her breath. 'Now,' Jeric asked 'what is so funny.' Hunter giggled.

'I am laughing because your stupid ass,' She snorted unable to contain her mirth 'just called a shit storm of epic proportions down on your own empty head.' Jeric hit her again ending the laughter.

'Explain.' He said with unusual calm. Hunter shook her head trying hard to contain her giggles.

'I was in Japan for a meeting of the Samurai court.' She chuckled seeing a flash of black in the doorway behind him. Hunter shook her head again this time to signal her rescuers to wait. 'The samurai are not just a bunch of sword happy people running around unsupervised. We are part of a complex and ancient clan hierarchy. The heads of those clans gather for court under agreement that all blood feuds and fights will be forgotten once in the schools territory. It is just there, we are safe from each other. We are one people joined by history and honor.' She chuckled 'I am the head if the Takeda Clan you stupid fuck. You just kidnapped what is the equivalent of a samurai princess on sacred ground. You broke a century's old agreement spitting in the face of thirty-seven clans and a grand master samurai. I am a little shocked I woke up to find you alive at all.'

'My deepest apologies Takeda.' Came a voice behind Jeric. He turned to find the five shinobi Hunter had watched enter the room as she had been talking. The five had their swords drawn and pointed at Jeric's throat. Jeric froze then raised his empty hands. The leader came forward and disarmed him. He then went to Hunter and went to work on her restraints saying 'We disabled the pilots once we saw you were unhurt.' He glanced to Jeric 'Had we seen you in danger, you would have woken to a corpse.' She nodded frowning.

Once she was free, he helped her sit up. Her hands and feet were tingling as the blood rushed back to them. The moment she could hold herself upright, the leader step back and fell to his knees before her with his forehead to the floor. 'Takeda, we have dishonored our post by failing in our duty to protect the three in our charge. I am master of this set. I take responsibility for my failure and submit to your will.'

'What the hell?' Jeric said confused. He looked to Hunter. 'You were serious when you said you were a samurai princess.'

'Shut up Jeric.' Hunter growled. At her order, the closest man to Jeric forced him to his knees and put a dagger to his throat.

'If this man offends your ears Takeda,' he said 'I shall take his tongue.'

'Not yet.' Hunter said then looked to the man on the floor. 'Get up Taki, There will be no punishment for you or your set.' He looked up to her but stayed on his knees. 'You failed in preventing the attack, but you and your set's fast actions prevented the kidnaping to be successful. You do your Kataki honor.' She then frowned 'My husband?'