Chapter Fifty-Seven: Hunter

When Hunter opened her eyes, it was to see Ty's face hanging over her. 'Am I dead?' she whispered. Tears filled his eyes.

'No love, but you are hurt, so do not move ok?' he replied stroking her head 'It was a lie love. The base is intact. The kids and your family are fine.' She nodded and tears filled her eyes. He held her with great care as she shook with sobs.

'Is she going to be alright?' Came a concerned male voice.

'Yeah,' Ty replied. 'She will be fine. She just needs to see the kids and base.' He shook his head. 'I cannot believe those son of a bitches would do something this stupid.' Hunter sniffed settling down. She looked to see Kedo in a seat on an organization's hospital plane. She looked back to Ty. 'We are on our way home.' He told her. 'Our family is waiting for us at the airport.' She nodded then looked to Kedo

'I am the Takeda.' She said with as much force as she could. Kedo slipped off the seat and fell to his knees laying his head to the floor with his palms down. 'The Takeda clan is declaring war on the Silver family. This has gone on long enough.' Kedo looked up with a hard smile and put his hand on his sword.

'Good. We have all heard the stories, and have been hoping for this moment.' He said. 'I will contact the clan when we get back to base.'

'No one,' Hunter warned 'but the clan is to know. Joe is my master; he told me if I ever see the opportunity to kill Jeric to take it. This is it. I want him and his whole family dead.' Ty looked to Kedo.

'If possible, deliver Jeric alive to the clan house and lock him up until Hunter can deal with him herself.' He said then looked to Hunter. 'You have earned that right.' Hunter nodded her agreement. Kedo stood and bow before straightening.

Joe came from the front of the plane and smiled seeing her awake. 'Hello Hunter.' He said kneeling beside her. 'How are you feeling?' he checked her torso, which she just noticed had bandages wrapped around it.

'Sore, what is the damage?' she replied.

'Nothing to major. Most of your pain is from re-damaging the muscles hurt when that missile hit you. You took a bullet in the arm and leg, but they were flesh wounds. Your ribs are bruised up, but I am sure nothing is broken.' She nodded and he frowned to her. 'I am so sorry this happened to you Hunter. No one should ever have to suffer like they made you suffer.' She shook her head closing her eyes remembering the pain in her heart.

'They expected me to fall on my sword for failing to protect you all.' She said feeling Ty take her hand into his. 'All they did was piss me off.' She frowned 'But I cannot lie, I thought about doing it for a moment. Just to stop the pain.' Ty took her in his arms and held her.

'Don't you ever.' He whispered 'it would kill me if I ever lost you.' She sighed loving the warmth of his body against hers.

'I have bad news.' Joe said and the two looked to him. 'Gillian survived. We found her and her brother in a passage trying to get away. Roman died while the medics were working on him. Gillian is critical but the medics are confident she will make it. She is in the back under guard.' Hunter looked to Keno. He nodded and turned heading for the front of the plane. 'Where is he going?' Joe asked confused.

'It's clan business.' Hunter said. Joe nodded not asking anymore. That was one of the things she loved him so much for. He understood her ways and never demanded answers. Hunter took his hand with her free one. 'I am happy you are not dead Joe.' Joe smiled

'I am happy I am not dead too.' He chuckled. She smiled and closed her eyes. 'Rest Hunter. We will be home in a few hours.'

Yelling woke her a while latter. Ty sat at her side watching Joe and Tray standing toe to toe. 'I am telling you Tray, they have been here the whole time.' Joe yelled. 'Or are you calling me a liar?'

'I am not calling you a liar.' Tray said frustrated. 'But who else would have done it?'

'What's going on?' Hunter asked trying to sit up. She winced as pain rocketed through her chest and abdomen. Ty held her down.

'Stay down love.' He said worried. 'You aren't on any painkillers and it will hurt like hell to get up.' she nodded. 'Someone snuck into the back and killed Gillian. Tray thinks it was you.' Hunter shook her head.

'Kind of hard to kill someone when you're unconscious.' She said closing her eyes. 'Wish it was me that killed the bitch.' She slipped back into sleep.

Hunter was startled awake when the stretcher she was on was lifted. Ty had her hand and smiled down to her. 'We are home. They are just moving you to the ambulance.' She nodded and watched as they left the plane. Her family was next to the ambulance waiting for her. Her eyes filled with tears at the sight of them. Each hugged her greeting her and expressing their joy to see her well. Harry was last. He scowled down at her.

'You young woman are in deep dookie.' He said tears spilling from his eyes. 'Scaring the hell out of us like that.' Hunter had to smile at his stern look. 'Oh you think its funny do you?' He teased taking her hand. 'You just wait girl. I will pamper you so much you will be screaming to get out of bed.' She chuckled and hugged him.

'Oh man Harry. I love you so damn much.' she said unable to keep from crying. The short time she thought they were all dead was the worst in her life. She still half expected to wake up and find this was all a dream.

'Oh sweetie.' He whispered also in tears. 'I am so sorry that those monsters pulled such a horrible trick on you. I cannot even imagine the hell you must have gone through.' She nodded sniffing. Harry kissed the top of her head. 'Come on sweetie. Time to go into the ambulance. We will meet you back at the base.' She nodded and squeezed his hand before letting it go. Ty rode with her to the base. She had never been so happy to see the white halls in her life. Several of her friends stopped them on the way to medical to wish her a speedy recovery.

Doc gave her a thorough exam and confirmed Joe's assessment of her injuries. He sighed and looked to her.

'I am clearing you to go back to your room, but not for duty. I want you off your feet and no lifting anything over three pounds.' He handed her a bag with some bottles in it. 'There is a mild painkiller, and muscle relaxer to be taken with food twice a day. I am also giving you some antibiotics to be taken three times a day also with food.' She nodded.

To her surprise, Doc hugged her then looked to her with moist eyes. 'I am sorry that you went through this Hunter. I knew the Silvers were bad. Roman especially. I have seen his handy work before, but to pull something like this.' He shook his head. This was just evil. Pure evil.' Hunter nodded 'Go on Ty. Get her to bed and keep her relaxed.'

'My pleasure.' Ty said with a smile.