Chapter Fifty-Nine: Hunter

Hunter slammed the hammer down onto the Takeda steel chest plate molding it into the right shape. Someone grabbed her arm stopping her next hammer blow. Ty stood there looking worried.

'What has you so hot under the collar love?' he asked worried. She sighed and told him about the call. Ty scowled 'That stupid fuck has got some nerve.' Hunter nodded her agreement and shoved the armor back into the fire. 'Is that the prototype you're working on there?' she nodded.

'It's almost done. I was just taking a nap while it heated up when I got the call.' Ty nodded frowning. 'I just need to get the two pieces at the right temperature so I can wield them together. Shouldn't be too much longer now.'

'Does that mean I can test them?' he asked with a big grin. Hunter could not help but to laugh. Ty had taken the challenge of throwing the biggest guns at the new armor with gusto. He, Lilly, and Bai had been tearing through the armory breaking out the biggest guns they could find with the most powerful ammo to stick in them. They had turned the ground level firing range into a war zone complete with anti-tank and aircraft guns. Ty had been a little disappointed when Joe said no to bring in a battle ship cannon. He had told him if the bad guys went that far, then nothing could protect them.

'Yes. I would go get the others together. I will meet you there as soon as I am done.' He kissed her then ran out.

Hunter shook her head chuckling then worked the bellows. The fire was at its hottest and she could see the black steel chain mail glowing white in the coals. She pulled out the red hot plate and set it in an empty medal tub. Next, she pulled out the glowing white black steel chain shirt using two tongs to keep it from being twisted up. She lay the black steel on top of the plate then used the tongs to line it up right. Once satisfied she backed off and pulled a rope. Water rained down on the hot steel and steam hissed through the cave. When it cleared up, she stopped the water and looked into the tub. The plate was no longer glowing. She fished it out with some tongs and set it on top of her anvil. After taking off a glove, she tested the temperature. It was still too hot to touch so she poured more cold water onto it. It bubbled but not much more than that. Once it was cool enough, she attached the straps that would hold the front and back together. She had finished the back this morning.

Hunter examined her work then nodded satisfied. She gathered everything then went upstairs and outside. She was surprised to find her family waiting with her team. 'What are you doing here?' she asked hugging her mother, then her father. Her brothers hugged her next.

'We came to see the test.' Ben told her with a smile. 'We had been at the house in town when Ty called.' Hunter shook her head chuckling.

'It seems everyone wants to see Ty play with his new toy.' She said looking to her husband with a smile. He patted a massive gun mounted to a stand that looked like the anti-tank gun she had been shot with.

'This is a mark seven cannon.' Ty told them all. 'Just released this year. Puts anything Hunter has ever been hit with to shame. If this new armor can withstand this bad boy. Then nothing on earth short of a nuke is going to ever hurt her.'

'Don't say that too loud.' Wilson chuckled. 'Your enemies are nuts remember?' Ty nodded.

'Sam and I had two of these made just for the test.' Joe said pulling a sheet off a dummy. It was the same size and shape of Hunter' torso. They could see it was made of ballistics gel but there was something inside the gel.

'Those represent organs and major arteries.' Sam explained. He picked up a block of the same gel with something in it. He stabbed it with a knife and it bleed just as a person would. 'This way we will get an idea of how much damage the impact will cause.' Hunter nodded.