Chapter Twenty-Seven: Hunter

Hunter moved through the camp in silence. James or Hackman as he liked to be called had pinpointed Reed in the middle of the Sahara in Africa. She had to wear tan and come in the cover of darkness to avoid being detected by the security guards. She checked her positioning and found the tent were Reed should be. Making a tiny hole with her dagger, she peeked in. The man she was looking for, sat at his desk working on a tablet. She moved around the tent. The entrance was guarded by two men. She killed them without a sound, and then slipped into the tent. Reed was still working. Hunter impaled his ribs with her dagger. He let out a shocked gasp struggling to breathe. 'That panic you feel.' She snarled in a whisper 'is the same panic my team felt in Russia when they were ambushed. Ambushed because you paid a hacker to break into the organizations computers.'

'Fuck you.' He wheezed struggling to get free. 'Do gooders,' his eyes closed as he passed out. Hunter let him fall, then stood there watching the life drain from him. Once she was sure he was dead, she made her way out. She killed all the guards then tapped her earpiece twice to signal the waiting assault squads who were on standby to come in to clean out the rest of the camp and free the kids. She made her way back to the checkpoint.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket half way there. She checked the caller id and smiled seeing Phil's number. The big man and Harry had been fighting with the masons all day about how the new forge would be set up.

'Hi Phil.' she greeted with a smile. 'Are the masons still giving you hell?'

'Phil is preoccupied at the moment.' She stopped in mid step freezing at the voice on the other end of the line. 'There is a helicopter south of your location. Go to it and surrender yourself and nothing bad will happen to your uncles.' She scowled.

'I want to talk to them.' She demanded. There was a scream in the background making her heart skip a beat.

'That was Harry. Would you like to talk to Phil next?' Jeric asked.

'I planned to kill you Jeric.' Hunter said with a snarl 'Fast and simple. Painless even. For this though. For this I will make you suffer.' She hung up and took off her weapons and armor. She texted Joe a message.

'Jeric has Phil and Harry; I am giving myself up for their release. Please tell Ty I love him.' She sent the text then dropped the phone and headed south. She found the helicopter. Three men stood waiting. They put her in hand and ankle cuffs that attached to a chain belt around her waist. Once the helicopter was off the ground one of the men sedated her.

Hunter woke on her stomach chained to a massive bed. She was without clothes. She pulled hard on the restraints, however they would not give. 'Ah awake at last.' She looked to the door seeing Jeric. Hunter scowled.

'Where are my uncles? She demanded. Jeric shrugged showing her Phil's cell phone.

'If I had to guess, back at their house trying to find the cell phone one of my men took from the shop when they were not looking.' Hunter scowled wanting to swear. Jeric smiled.

'I would never threaten your uncles. I have seen what you do to people who mess with those you love. What you did to poor Lars and his people was just brutal. I cannot imagine what you would do to anyone who would bother your two uncles.' He took the robe he had been wearing off. 'No torcher this time.' He assured her, but Hunter just looked away. She would not give him the satisfaction of paying him any attention. It would hurt. That was a given, but it was a wound like any other and would heal just the same. 'I regret hurting you the last time. My personal doctor looked over your back. He told me there was permanent damage. That you would need to have physical therapy for the rest of your life, or it could cripple you as you grew older. For that I am sorry.' He ran his hand up the inside of her leg to the v were they met. 'Man,' he whispered. 'You are so damn beautiful.' She closed her eyes.

Hunter did her best to ignore him. She hated herself for falling for his trick, but did not regret coming here. She would do anything for her two Uncles, even this. Jeric moved onto the bed his breathing fast and excited. She could feel his excitement press into her thigh and he moved over her. Hunter could not hold her cry of pain.

She opened her eyes and noticed there was a massive set of french window doors. The other side of the glass was a tropical forest. Behind it was the ocean. She remembered Jeric mentioning something about an island a while ago. This must be it. Jeric slapped her hip. It caused more pain then it should have.

'If you are thinking of rescue,' he chuckled 'Forget it. We removed the tracker in your hip.' Hunter scowled 'do not be angry my love. I just did not want to have our time cut short again. They will never find you here my sweet Hunter.' He said smiling. 'You are finally mine.' She turned her head as far as she could so she could see his eyes.

'I wouldn't bet your life on that Jeric.' She snarled.