Chapter Fourteen: Joe

Joe watched the screen frowning as he opened the bottle of antacids. This was the exact reason he never liked working as a monitor. All he did was worry about what was happening to the teams on the other end of the screens. He looked to the screen on his left showing a map of the mission area and the red dots marking locations of each of the team members. The team's headset trackers showed they were at the checkpoint. Hunter's however was still at the mansion.

Jackson had reported heavy gunfire for the last twenty minutes then everything went quiet other the sporadic shots from time to time. The entire time Hunter had remained silent. Hongs hide had been compromised early in the assault, and she had to join team one. Which meant they had no eyes on the field. The radio crackled with static and a garbled message came over the speakers. Joe looked to Sam worried and he returned the look.

'...ot....rep.....ter...' came the message again. It was followed by a loud burst of static. 'Repeat,' came Hunter's voice 'Caption Jackson if you can hear this, this is Hunter and I am coming in hot over.'

'We hear you Hunter.' Jackson responded 'What is your ETA? Over'

'I repeat, Caption Jackson, this is Hunter, I am coming in hot be advised I am coming in hot!' The gunfire grew steadier and Hunter let out a curse and repeated her message.

'She can't hear us.' Jackson said annoyed 'Hong, get your eyes on. Tell me where she is.'

'Yes sir.' Hong replied

'Ty, Jumper defensive positions, Lambert get your med kit ready and keep your gun close.' Joe watched the dots form a defensive perimeter around the medic.

'I see her Cap!' Hong announced 'What the, fuck, those aren't the general's men they are in US military uniforms!' Joe swore and grabbed his phone.

'Give me the name of the bone head who sent a squad in to attack my agents!' he yelled outraged.