Chapter Sixty-Five: Joe

Joe stood outside meeting room one. Ty had been waiting in the hall when he had come out. Now Ty was staring hard at the door in silence. Joe was not surprised that the news of his wife was alone with Jeric did not make the big man happy. Both stiffened when the door opened.

Hunter stumbled out roaring in laughter. She clenched her stomach with her good arm. Tears streamed down her face and she struggled to keep upright. She stumbled into Ty's arms and he held her looking confused.

Jeric came out scowling. His face was bright red. 'You could have just said no.' He turned and marched down the hall with his head held high. His two escorts looked torn between following him and staying to find out what had happened. They both frowned and ran after Jeric.

'You can stop now.' Ty chuckled. 'He is gone.' Hunter looked down the hall and then stopped laughing. She wiped the tears from her face and smiled up to Ty. 'What was that all about?'

'He wanted to hire me as a bodyguard.' She chuckled. Joe snorted in disgust.

'Seriously?' he asked surprised making Hunter chuckle.

'Yeah, that was my first thought too, but he actually meant it.' She shook her head. 'I know he is supposed to be some kind of genius, but how can someone who is supposed to be that smart be that stupid at the same time?' Joe nodded his agreement. She looked to Ty. 'Kids at the house?'

'Yeap, and so are your uncles.' Hunter nodded and the two bid them goodbye. The HC looked to Joe.

'You have her listed in the files as a consultant?' She asked him. Joe frowned but nodded.

'She refuses to be added as an actual agent.' Joe explained as he led her and Tray toward his office. 'I have talked to her trying to change her mind, but she just says her oath is to me, and me alone. She has never disobeyed orders from those that outrank her however. Her record is spotless.' The HC nodded

'Some of the Commanders have been pushing me to fire or discipline her for sending her clan after the Silvers.' Joe frowned to her as they entered his office. He closed his door and the three sat down. 'Seeing as she is not an agent, it would mean her arrest and incarceration.' Joe shook his head.

'You do that, and all hell will break loose.' He said 'You will have the entire Takeda clan and their allies turn on the organization. I would tell you to ask the Silvers what happens when you piss off her clan, but there are none left other than Jeric.' The HC nodded

'I know. That is the reason I will tell the others why I am not going through with it. The real reason however is, the Silvers were monsters. The world is better off without them. I do however worry about her going after Jeric while he is so close.'

'Don't.' Joe assured her. 'I went up to talk to her last night. I had her give me her word not to hurt or attack Jeric so long as our truce is in place.' The two nodded. The HC shook her head.

'I read Takeda's file. Is it true Roman and Gillian Silver had her convinced you were all dead?' She asked with a deep frown.

'Yes.' Joe said with a sad sigh. 'She refused to see the basephysiatrist so we sat down and had a talk about it. She had been consideringtaking her own life when the shinobi I had sent out looking for her, found her.'There is nothing, and I mean that in the literal sense, Hunter values morethan her family and friends. After word got out what those morons did, I doubtanyone will be stupid enough to ever mess with her family again.' The twonodded their agreement.