five

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

It had officially been a week since Adrian last spoke to Hope, if you don't count the three-word exchange the day before when he snuck out. The two of them had tried their best to avoid each other. It was easier for the boy as all Hope did was lock herself up in her room to binge-watch cutthroat kitchen while Adrian was out making new friends.

The Aquilo boy jumped down the last couple of steps as he made his way down the staircase to the grand hall for lunch. He made his way over to the counters and happily started to plate his food.

"Newster" A voice called.

Adrian turned around to face whoever spoke to him. It was Jed, the alpha of the Salvatore school pack, the wolf he had been warned about by Owen and Penelope. A boy stood on one side of Adrian and another one stood behind Jed as if to guard him. One of them took the plate out of the Aquilo boy's hands and placed it on a counter.

Jed placed a hand on his shoulder, "Name's Jed, I'm your alpha... You've probably heard of me"

    ┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THIS?
    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"I—" Adrian paused for just a moment, processing Jed's words, "My what?"

"I want you to join my crew," Jed told the boy, jumping straight to what he came to tell him.

"Look" The Aquilo boy picked his plate up, beginning to plate the food again, "I'm sure you're cool under all that— well, whatever this is but I'm perfectly fine where I am"

Jed looked back at the other wolf males, "You should really respect my authority. Do you know what kind of an honor it is to be approached by me?"

Adrian closed his eyes, sighing, "Alright" He backed away, now facing all three males, "I'll say it again" He placed a hand on Jed's shoulder, "Look here, Jeff, I'm not interested. In fact, I don't like doing steroids at all. I'm more of an acid guy... acid king, if you will"

Jed looked back at his fellow wolves again, taking Adrian's hand off of his shoulder, "I don't normally do this but I'll give you a second chance to say yes... I want you in my pack, Aquilo"

"Oh, boy" The Aquilo boy sighed again, a chuckle escaping his lips. His amused expression fell and turned into a hard one when he realized that Jed was serious and didn't plan on giving up, "I said no"

Having enough of going back and forth, the alpha stepped back from the new student and nodded towards his betas, "Grab him"

The two males that had been guarding Jed,  grabbed Adrian by his arms and he immediately started to struggle in their grip, "Let—Hey, hey, Jed, look. I don't want any problems—"

"Neither do we" Jed informed the boy, "We just want to initiate you into the back. its a simple process but if you won't submit, we will force you. You don't have a choice" The male turned to his wolves again, "Take him" The two werewolves grabbed Adrian again and pulled him out with them into the hallway as Jed slowly trailed behind.