twenty-nine

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

The alpha of the Salvatore Boarding school werewolf pack walked the halls of the school, hand in hand with his tribrid girlfriend who explained the meaning of Remembrance Day, an event that would take place the following day, "It's a holiday where the citizens honor their dead friends and family members. Some do it by writing letters to the deceased and scattering them throughout the cemetery. And others use it as an excuse to get drunk. Are you sure you've never heard of it?"

"Never" The boy answered, "What about you? You write to your deceased loved ones?"

The Mikaelson girl looked up at the male, "N—no. I usually don't see the point in it. I mean, why write to the dead? I'd rather just not think about it at all"

Adrian nodded, "I get that, I wouldn't want to be reminded of that either" He squeezed the tribrid's hand in a comforting way, "How about we boycott Remembrance Day and head into town. Maybe grab some food?"

"I wish but I want to interrogate our new monster first"

The Necromancer, that Hope had mentioned had been discovered the previous night by Doctor Saltzman and Dorian. He had been the one to resurrect Jo Laughlin, Josie and Lizzie's biological mother, from the dead and sent her to the Salvatore school to fetch an artifact that could be thrown in a pit of tar called Malivore which was essentially a hell dimension. The Necromancer had also been the one to resurrect the Zombies that Adrian and his friends had to kill during their mission to find Josie.

"Is that where we're head—" The boy trailed off, his gaze wandering off to something down the hallway. Confused as to why he stopped himself mid-sentence, the auburnette followed his line of vision, eyes falling on a porcelain-skinned green-eyed brunette, a few inches taller than Hope, at the end of the hallway by the entrance.

"Olivia?"

The girl that seemed stuck to the wall by the entrance, looked around the foreign hallway and her gaze fell on the Aquilo boy whose neutral expression immediately changed into a spooked one, it was like he was seeing a ghost of his past.

The green-eyed brunette approached the couple with careful steps and shaky breaths but then stopped as if she didn't know if what she was about to do was right. She watched the male as he watched her, the way they looked at each other indicating that they knew each other well and weren't just strangers or acquaintances.

The Mikaelson girl furrowed her eyebrows, "You know her?"

Adrian glanced over at his girlfriend and nodded, "She, uh, she's my sister" The male left the tribrid's side to approach the brunette, to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him, "Olivia"

"Adrian?"

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
WHAT THE FUCK?
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛