twenty-six

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

"Just say it, Aquilo" Jed sighed as the Salvatore students filed into the grand hall, dropping their votes in a ballot box before they took their seats. The students had been sorted by faction when they stepped foot into the grand hall which meant that all vampires were sitting on one side whilst the werewolves and the witches sat on the other. It annoyed the former alpha that his alpha and his... friend walked around with an unreadable expression on his face. Adrian hadn't breathed a word to anyone since Rafael challenged him, he was still riled up but for different reasons.

Jed nudged the curly-haired brunet when they sat down beside Owen and another wolf in the front row. The alpha looked at his friend, "Why are you nice to me all of a sudden? You and I despised each other before this"

"Look, you could've kicked me to the curb when you took over as alpha but you didn't, even after our run-ins in the hallways and parties" The former pack leader expressed.

The current alpha chuckled, "You mean my run-ins with your fist?"

Jed laughed, "You're proving yourself to be one hell of an alpha. To be honest with you, the pack didn't think you'd be able to defend your position... It's good to know that we were wrong"

"Yeah, I just have a lot of... uh, unmanaged anger right now" As he spoke to his predecessor, Adrian noticed how someone seated with the witches had been watching him. He met this person's gaze and found Hope staring back at him, she sent him a tight-lipped smile but received nothing but glance in return.

"Because of Hope?" Owen asked curiously, eyes on the tribrid seated with the witch faction, "Or because of her emo toy?"

"The latter" The Aquilo boy answered.

Jed smirked, an idea coming to mind, "Then let's get rid of him" The two roommates faced the brunet wolf who had been wanting to get rid off Landon just a tad more than Adrian had. "The two of you, me, and Penelope. Today. Let's get rid of Landon Kirby just like we said we'd do"

"Jed, no"

The Whitaker boy furrowed his eyebrows, "Why not? I thought you said you didn't want him here"

"He doesn't belong here, he's human and he has to go sooner or later. We're just going to speed up the process" Jed added.

"I said no... at least not now"

The werewolves and the other students in the grand hall all fell silent when Emma stepped into the hall. She descended the stairs and approached the podium that the gilded gold ballot box stood on, facing the teenagers with a large grin, "All right. Voting is now closed"

The students all broke into a round of applause as their counselor prepared to reveal the honor council members from each faction, "Let's get started"