fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Knocks after knocks after knocks but no one answered. Hope started to grow impatient as she stood outside Adrian's dorm. She had gone over to them with plans to at least try to figure out what was going on between her and him over a ridiculous picnic thing her aunt Freya suggested but the boy wasn't opening the door.

Hope placed her hand on the door, muttering a quick spell that would allow her to see through the door. Owen was snoring in his bed and Adrian was sleeping soundly in his bed. The girl sighed before she thrust both of her hands forward, telekinetically dragging the curly-haired boy out of bed. What she forgot to do was psychically open the door which led to Adrian's body slamming against it, waking him up in the process.

"Oh my God!" Hope exclaimed when she realized what she had done.

"Fuck!"

The auburn-haired girl opened the door to find the boy sitting on the floor whilst clutching his head. He glared at her, "I suppose I have you to thank for the brain damage"

"I'm so sorry" The tribrid rushed to his side to help him up, she extended her hand for him to take, "I completely forgot to open the door"

Adrian swatted her hand away, getting up on his own, "How do you forget to open a door?"

"Well" Hope took a step back, "I was knocking but you didn't answer and so I did this kind of see through the door spell and saw that you were sleeping. I didn't want to barge in and wake you"

The boy rose from the floor, "All I got from that was that you were watching me sleep"

"I did not"

"Did too" Adrian smirked, stepping out in the hallway, "What did you think?"

"That you looked ugly" Hope answered.

The male closed the bedroom door so they wouldn't wake Owen up. It wasn't until he faced the female that he noticed that she was wearing a dress, "Who did you get dressed up for?"

"Oh, this?" The auburn-haired girl awkwardly fiddled with the hem of her dress, "Uhm, I was gonna head down to the lake and eat something but I might just change and head down to the gym"

"Alone?" The boy asked.

"No, I—" Hope cut herself off, "Look, you probably think this is silly but I was wondering if you wanted to tag along"

"Me? I must be in heaven"

Grunts and surprised yells erupted from Hope and Adrian as they sparred down by the docks. The girl had changed into more comfortable clothing that she could easily move in when the two trained.

The teens had prohibited each other from using their supernatural strength and from contact which meant that they weren't allowed to touch each other. But this didn't stop the tribrid from coming at the boy.